News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

How About a Spectrum Level 2-6-2 'Prairie'?

Started by Len, August 15, 2007, 02:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frisco_Manny

Hi Len,

Please don't think I was yelling or mad at you. I wasn't. Just wasn't sure which way you were going. It's all good. Frisco steam is my forte. Wish more of their steam was made, but since the Frisco built there own steam mostly, and used very little USRA, I don't think that's going to happen.

Hey Bach-man, please bring back the Frisco 2-10-0!

Manny

rogertra

Before a 2-6-2, which was not a popular prototype loco, we need a Spectrum 2-6-0, a much more useful loco. 

And PLEASE a least an "undec" version with piston valves, smooth domes, steel cab and other modern appliances.  Enough with "wild west" wedding cake domes and slidevalves.   :)

ebtbob

Good Morning All,

I think the addition of a 2-6-2 in On30 would also be a great addition to the Spectrum Lne.  The EBT was one of the ng roads that had a 2-6-2,  #11,   their mystery loco.   After leaving the railroad no one knows what finally happened to it.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

Len

Quote from: rogertra on August 18, 2007, 01:45:36 AM
Before a 2-6-2, which was not a popular prototype loco, we need a Spectrum 2-6-0, a much more useful loco. 

2-6-2 Not popular? ??? Bite 'yer tongue and check out the Wabash Class G-1 Prairies at:
http://www.wabash-railroad.com/px2-6-2.htm

Then there are the CB&Q Class R1 - R5 Prairies, NYC Class J40 & J41, Milw K-1's, and don't forget those Santa Fe units mentioned by others earlier in this thread.

At least IHC has been doing a reasonable 2-6-0 for a while. There hasn't been a decent 2-6-2 made in years.

Len

If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

ajp3751

Hey all,

I'm a shortline modeler and just have a temp. layout at the moment. The 2-6-2 is something I want for my layout, but I don't want just the regular version. A spectrum DCC in Santa Fe would be what I want.

I just ordered a Spectrum DCC Santa Fe 2-8-0 for my frieght, but I still need something prototypical for a small passenger train. I bought a prarie from bachmann about six years ago and I loved it...until it broke! The smoke generator was too hot and melted back the stack, and the linkage was loose, causing it to come off and break off the guide on the cylinder. Now it cant run unless I take off all the linkage on that side.

If they made a spectrum 2-6-2, I would buy one right away, but they need it in Santa Fe. I've done some research, and ATSF had quite a few praries.

I'd also sometime like to see a spectrum pacific that is not a K-4. Not all lines had k4's.

SteamGene

First of all, the only line that had a K4 that was a heavy Pacific with a Belpaire firebox was the PRR and a few of its subsidiaries.  The C&O had a K4, but it was a super power 2-8-4. 

If you have a Bachmann locootive that went belly up through no fault of your own, contact service for a replacement.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

ajp3751

I just sent in the request for the replacement.

ryeguyisme

maybe Bachmann China will make a YJ class Steamer :D

RAM

Of the 1000 2-6-2s built for main line service ths Santa Fe had 238.  All of the Santa Fe  2-6-2s had 69 inch drivers with the exception of three locomotives.  One #2447 had 44 inch drives and last but one year before being sold.  Two were built as pusher power with 63 inch drives.  Four 4-6-2s were converted to 2-6-2s.  The 1800 class were good helper engines.  The 2-6-2s served the Santa Fe  well until the 50s.  #1026 went to be scrapped all dressed up because my home town could not agree where to put the engine.  There was also some 700 small 2-6-2s built for loggong and industrail roads.  Most of those had 44 inch drivers.

ATSF5700BOB

Hi Ram. The powers that be in your hometown couldn't even find a park to keep it in? They even could have built fencing around it to keep vandals from it. What a waste for a great steam locomotive.
                                Bob

RAM

Oh they had places they could have put it.  North of the station was a rose garden.  No No we are not going to give up room for that engine.  Ok south of the station.  No No people will think there is a train coming.