News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

retrofitting to dcc

Started by goodlooker, January 30, 2013, 09:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goodlooker

I bought an MRC wireless prodigy handheld this weekend at a show and have many locos to convert are there any tricks to doing this easily. None are dcc ready. Many are Spectrum units. I bought 10 generic boards. I'm handy but not sure of my self... I'd like to follow a step by step procedure that makes sense.

richg

A short list will help a lot. Be specific and don't load up one message with to much.

Installs can range from easy to, why did I ever try this. There are many, many different ways to do installs including sound installs.
What do you mean by generic boards? That tells us very little. To my knowledge, there are no generic boards, just different brands of decoders.

Notice, there are forums for different scales here.

Rich

Mr.T

Hunt, thank you very much for your advise for solutions for dcc turnout in wrong position. I swap the wires and now working fine. Some how I had to swap different wires to  figure out which wires are  + and -. Good thing decoder didn't burn. my post is deleted by bachmann because I mention you have good knowledge than them.

Now I have another problem. Turnout do not respond some times to dynamis command. But same time locos respond very well. Before I had florescent lights and it cause some problems. not any more. When I reprogram 1 turnout separately from layout connect to the layout all turnouts work fine. After power off and start again lost respond. Some times work sometimes not working. Any solutions for this problem.

jward

here is an excellent pictorial on installing a decoder in an h16-44. many of the bachmann and spectrum HO diesels follow a similar split frame design. i have used this method to put decoders in gp30s, gp35s and an sd45.

http://members.shaw.ca/sask.rail/dcc/tmaster/tmaster.html
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA