Mr Bach-Man: Any news on the DCC HO RS-3 Boston & Maine

Started by richd286, April 15, 2012, 08:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richd286

its still MIA but listed in products.  Pining here.

Last I heard the paint was bad and a rerun was due for release in spring 2012.

trainm7

Mr. Bachmann VERY NICE job on the B&M RS-3 . really nice paint job, runs and sounds like an RS3. I guess I liked it enough I got two sound and one non sound.
So How about some Nice New Haven units in the future, NHRHTA can  supply all kinds of info about paint and details.
Think about B&M and New Haven S-2s also.
Ron High

ebtbob

Rich,

Here in the Philadelphia area,  the B&M RS3s have already come and gone,  arriving either the last week of December or the first week of January.
     Thinking back to Roger being upset about paint color,  what you will find "wrong" with these locos  will be incorrect horns,  lack of grab irons,  but in general,  these are all very correctable "flaws".   These engines run well and sound great,  at least to me, and are a welcome addition to my loco roster.
     And just off topic a bit,  I was trying to unload my car barge the other day an my Proto 2000 0-6-0 could not handle the load.   Now in fairness, the load was a Bachmann 2-8-0 and a Bachmann 4-8-2,  part of my new "boneyard train."   I found that my Bachmann WM S-4 was a near perfect match in speed!   What a unigue sight of an S-4 and 0-6-0 moving thru my industrial shifting area on the way to the main yard.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

richd286

B&M 1536 has been working freight here for the last month.  The air horn is keeping the locals aware of its arrival.  Also have B&M 1545 (Bachmann) and 1501 and RS-2 (Walthers).  The Bachmann items are are excellent at these prices.  For B&M lovers these will sell out fast.  Busy times.