News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New road names for GP-30's

Started by raider409, February 11, 2013, 10:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raider409

Just checked out the WBB on line 2013 catalog.  Hoped to see the new road names for the gp30's, but not there.  Any idea when they will be announced?

Steve

tsched

There was another thread about this sometime in the past month where the same question was asked.  The response from WBB was that a second set of roadnames for this model would not be released until later.  Implication was sometime later this year but no specific date or window was mentioned.

raider409

A lot of negative comments on the OGR board over the WBB 2013 catalog.  Hope WBB can take a step back and look towards their future and maybe try to inform their followers as to what we can expect.  The last I heard from them was that they didn't want to tip their hand to their competitors.  Well, you sure didn't.  It doesn't appear much to look forwards to.  I for one am disappointed.

Steve

r0gruth

If what I see now is from the new catalog,it seems that each year there are less Williams by Bachmann products than the previous year.

I hope this is not the start of closing the WBB line.At the local train show in Savannah,GA, several dealers sold more WBB stuff than any other product.Most buyers would like to have more not less.
Roger

3rail

Calm down guys.  If you look at the 2013 catalog post from a couple of weeks ago, you will see that I posted that we will announce most new items at April York each year.  Many of the items that have been removed from the catalog have been in the line for many, many years.  Wait until April for the new Williams items.

Regards,

3rail

r0gruth

Quote from: 3rail on February 12, 2013, 09:59:05 AM
Calm down guys.  If you look at the 2013 catalog post from a couple of weeks ago, you will see that I posted that we will announce most new items at April York each year.  Many of the items that have been removed from the catalog have been in the line for many, many years.  Wait until April for the new Williams items.

Regards,

3rail

Will these new items then be added to the catalog pages available here on this forum?
Please  remember that there are items that have been available for many years that still
sell very well and many would continue to sell with just a number change.
Remem,ber that us old fogies may have a lot of stuff from previous years that many younger
may want when they see them at a show or on someones layout.
I don't have a  large layout or a huge number of locos and cars but about half of my stuff is
Williams of some type.I plan to get more.
Roger

3rail

Roger,

We have plenty of sales history that tells us what sells well. New cab numbers have not shown to maintain or increase sales in the Williams line. Sometimes items need to rest for a few years to build up demand. Just because they are out of the catalog this year does not mean they will not be back at a future date. 

There are only a few items in our production history that are truly rare.  When customers call the office looking for older items I can usually find them by checking a few dealers or by looking on eBay. The sky is not falling.

Yes, we will post a PDF file of the April items.

Regards,

3rail

TrainmanGene

I think offering a locomotive in 2 cab numbers will increase sales due to some operators who would like to run a 2 locomotive lash up. Today operators are leaning much more prototyipcal than in the 50s and 60s when you would buy a Diesel any scale and the dummy and powerd unit had the same cab number.  Also 3 rail scale became the thing unlike the old Tinplate size knownn today as semi scale. Jerry Williams did sell the scale Hudson in 2 numbers and I seen people at York asking for the cab number they needed to double head. I have 5205 & 5207 which I use to pull a 20 car milk train.
Sueme Valley System

3rail

Trainman,

The key phrase of your statement is "some operators". Yes there are some, but very few people are actually purchasing more than one.

Regards,

3rail

r0gruth

3rail,

Thank you for your answers.
A few of us have been concerned that with the deletion of several products and what appears to be the attrition of some others that
Bachmann might be phasing out the Williams line.Your answer leads me to believe that is NOT the plan.
Looking forward to the new product announcements.
Roger