News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Cab Numbers

Started by TrainmanGene, February 01, 2013, 02:29:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrainmanGene

Bachmann should offer Williams Diesels with at least 2 different cab numbers for lash ups for pulling long trains. The cost would be very low and would probably boost sales. In the late 90's Williams was also selling power-dummy sets in most diesels and GG-1s which would be nice to bring back.
Sueme Valley System

phillyreading

It might be nice to have an unpowered or dummy engine but Bachmann claims the cost is very high for the circuit board for the unpowered unit with the new GP-30 run(see any chance for a GP-30 dummy unit? on this forum) and so there may not be any unpowered diesel units in the future. :(
Guess we will just have to wait to see what Bachmann/Williams brings out by summer. ;)
You could get creative and change the cab number yourself, there are companies that sell the decals or stencils to do that, just get the right size.

Lee F.

LK11

You got to get in the trenches. I have some engines with 5 different numbers.  I dont lash them all together but since i like the railroad, i have dual engines pulling a number of different consists.  I guess im lucky to have my local hobby shop that will contact me when they get in additional ones i need.  Or get out there and hunt them your self.

3rail

When we re-run the same paint scheme we will change the Cab number. We don't offer two at the same time because we always sell out of the first number well before the second. People tend to order the first number on the list. It is not a matter of cost it is the minimum production number required for each unit.

Regards,

3rail

Cobrabob8

3rail,
Just a question for you. I just finished running trains on my layout a few minutes ago. I have a double track upper level mainline and a single track line on my lower level. Anyhow, on the upper level I am runnig two sets of Williams by Bachmann diesel freight trains.  One has a set of A-A Pennsy Alco FAs and the other a set of A-B-A Pennsy Sharks. Here is my question for you: Would it be possible to change cab numbers on a set of diesels that you plan on running for 4 consecutive years? For instance, the NYC GP30s are currently numbered 6121. If you were planning to have them cataloged for four consecutive years, could you change the cab number after two years to say, 6124 or something? That way those of us who want a new cab number could have it and those who are just buying a NYC GP30 and are unconcerned about the cab number and only buying one, would still buy one. I was thinking as I was runnig my trains about how much I would like to have another set of Alcos. this time, A-B-As and with different cab numbers than the set I am running.
Cobrabob. ;D
"Train Kept A Rollin' All Night Long.."

3rail

Cobra,

When we sell through the first production run, we have been changing the number.if we sell out in the first year, next year we will do a different cab number. If all depends on how long it takes to sell the production run. If something takes a very long time to sell, we will probably discontinue that road name when it finally sells out.

Regards,

3rail

Cobrabob8

3rail,
Thank you for your reply. The change in cab numbers is good to hear. Any idea if the Pennsy Alco FAs will have new numbers? I bought mine about 5 years ago. Would like to get another set, with different cab numbers on both.
Cobrabob.
"Train Kept A Rollin' All Night Long.."