News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC Ready Spectrum 4-8-2

Started by sarg89e7, February 04, 2013, 02:01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarg89e7

Now that I have the tender open and found nothing but a wight no card or any thing like it. I have order the Bachmann 44913 and it should be here any day now, I guess that I will wait to find out if it even needs one. thanks for all the info. I received on this
question. Just starting out on model railroading and need all the help I can get.

seadowns

Hi!

If you are talking about the Light Mountain you are right if you have the older version. You can't find a board in the tender to solder the decoder on because this version has a gap in the locos body under the shell to connect a decoder to. Just the latest version has this device in the tender, recognizable by the wires between loco and tender.
I'm really sure the decoder you've ordered won't fit into the space in the loco because is will be too large.

Regards
Mathi

Mike C

If you have the older version of the 4-8-2 you will want a DZ125 or similar decoder to fit it. This page will run you through the instalation http://www.tcsdcc.com/public_html/Customer_Content/Installation_Pictures/N_Scale/Bachmann/4-8-2%20Light%20Mountain/Bachman_4_8_2_Light_Mountain.htm The hardest part will be taking the boiler off......Mike