Make the Terminal Track Power Connector a Retail Item

Started by Len, February 02, 2013, 11:20:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Len

Mr. Bach-Man,

Would you please pass on to the 'powers that be' they should make both types of power pack to track terminal wires available as seperate retail sale items? These would be the BAC00002 'Short Red Power Wire', and the the spade connector terminal wires included with the straight and curved "Terminal Rerailer" EZ-Tracks.

I operate a train repair shop and average two to three people a week coming in looking for one or the other of these items. Usually because someone pulled the wire, instead of the connector, when removing it from the track. Right now they can only get the BAC00002 on-line directly from Bachmann, which means their trains are down until it's received. Or that have to buy a complete 'Terminal Rerailer' package when they only need the wires.

I'm only one repair shop, and if I'm getting two or three people a week looking for these items I'm sure the demand nation wide has to be high enough to justify packaging these items for retail sales. Otherwise why would the on-line purchase of the BAC0002 be limited to 3 per purchase?

Thanks,
Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

ripvanwnkl

My grandson and I definitely concur with Len.  Our frequent  setups and tear downs of extensive but temporary EZ track layouts over the past several years have taken their  toll on connecting wires.  We don't plan a permanent layout anytime soon, if ever, since we're having too much fun varying our track plans!  We don't think we're alone.   
Dave
USAF (Retired)

Balrog21

richg

Balrog21

here is one for the switches.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bachmann-HO-Scale-Train-E-Z-Track-System-10-Green-Switch-Extension-Wire-44598-/190789641532?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item2c6bf2e53c

and the power terminals
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bachmann-HO-Scale-Train-E-Z-Track-System-10-Red-Terminal-Extension-Wire-44498-/360579801331?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item53f43b20f3

I think this is what you're talking about isn't it? The parts number is listed in the description a little further down.

Hope this helps! Sorry for the delay was responding first on the ipad and was away from home.

Best,
Bal

NarrowMinded

The extention wire is not what they are talking about. you can get an extention wire and make a trip to Radio shack and pick up a plug that yopu can use to make your own longer power feed wire from the two parts

NM-Jeff

Len

Quote from: NarrowMinded on February 03, 2013, 07:14:08 PM
The extention wire is not what they are talking about. you can get an extention wire and make a trip to Radio shack and pick up a plug that yopu can use to make your own longer power feed wire from the two parts

NM-Jeff

I've done that for people who couldn't wait on ordering the BAC00002 from Bachmann, but you'd be surprised how many people don't have soldering skills and don't want to learn. That's part of why they use the EZ-Track system to begin with, it's "plug-n-play", no soldering needed. At least in theory.

The thing the mini-plug wiring on the BAC00002 isn't the same as a standard headset or speaker plug, which is normally tip/ring. The power plug is ring/sleeve, which most people don't realize.

The point is, I believe there's enough demand for just the power wires of both types as a stand alone product to make it worth doing.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

NarrowMinded

I agree they should sell it alone.

The plug is available I will try ti find the part number, soldering skills are a good point but there are solderless plugs I will try to find the part number for that as well.

NM-Jeff