News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DSD-101LC Decoder in the Climax

Started by glennbp, August 16, 2007, 09:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennbp

Hi All,
I'm relatively new to On30 and fell in love with the Bachmann Shay and Climax locos.  I was fortunate enough to get a Soundtraxx Shay with the Tsunami decoder built in, but I also want to put a DSD-101LC in my Climax.
Does anyone have a 'cookbook' set of instructions on how to take apart the Climax and install the decoder?  I can't seem to find this anywhere on the board or the net. ???
Thanks in advance!
Glenn

David

Soundtraxx manufactures a sound unit thatis designed to fit into the climax. Check out their website.

Regards,
Regards,
David Silverton
Vernon Hills, IL
K8UOP

Tomcat

Hi Glenn!

Have done this several times, no problem. Taking the Climax apart is that easy: there are three screws on the running board to get the Water Tank off, you can see them from the underside.

It´s a bit fiddling arround with the electronic part which has to be soldered to the two connecting wires and the decoder board, best keep them long enough in order to let this part slide underneath the tender Shell/water tank.

Be careful about the two contacts of the backup light. Best, isolate the decoder/board with a bit of tape to avoid a short ciruit between the backup light contacts and the board. Have lost a decoder by that...

Everything else is a snap, just let me know if you need any further assistance. I´ll be there.

Kind regards. Tom