News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Wants a Saw Mill

Started by Artfull Dodger, February 06, 2013, 09:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artfull Dodger

Bachmann took a couple of the covered bridges and turned them into a saw mill for a display layout.  I would like to see them produce that saw mill as a regular Plasticville building.   A small saw mill is sorely needed in the On30 logging groups.  Espicaly for the modelers that dont care for wood kits or dont need a large saw mill.  MIke
Silly NT's.....I have Asperger's Syndrome!

the Bach-man

Thanks, Mike,
I'll pass that along.
Have fun!
the Bah-man

gmhtrains

It should be pointed out that photos of Bachmann's kit-bashed sawmill on the On30 exhibition layout are posted in the Bachmann Photo Gallery under tab 3: "The Bach-man builds a layout". The entire how-we-built-it article includes 120 images on 14 pages. The views of the sawmill are primarily on pages 10 and 11 and the best views may be images 93 and 95. Lots of good ideas here for kit-bashers with two or three Plasticville covered bridge kits.

Gil Hulin
Eugene, OR

Clovis-73

What a beautiful layout! Thanks for sharing.

I am in the process of building a small HO scale layout measuring 42"x62" and really wanted to include a small sawmill. I bought the Woodland Scenics' sawmill, and like it, but wanted something a little bigger. Last night, I was locking through the Walthers catalogue and came across a picture of the Plasticville covered bridge. Since then, I have been thinking about trying to kit bash the covered bridge into a sawmill. So this post was perfect!

Jim
Fort Worth,TX