News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

new models and dcc/dc

Started by Linzthom, March 12, 2013, 02:34:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linzthom

With the new Heisler and 2-4-4-2 etc will they still run dc straight from the box, or will I have to muck around with jumpers etc

Thanks,

Lindsay (NZ )
I'm going to live forever; or die trying

Royce Wilson

I have that same thought :o...I presently have DC and really too old for new tricks,what I would like to see is battery operated like the large scale.

Royce ;D

Bucksco

The Heisler is equipped with a dual mode Tsunami decoder with and optional plug in sound chip. It will run either way straight out of the box.

Linzthom

Thank you. Getting a bit confused with all the new ways of running things. I like one train, one track and a dc controller, being more of a model maker than actually running them.
I'm going to live forever; or die trying

Stevelewis

For  information  the  vast  majority  of  loco decoders  work perfectly  OK on  straight  DC, Theres a  couple of exceptions one is a bachmann 6 pin decoder  used  mostly  for  N gauge, but even  this  has now been superceded by  a 6 pin  that  works on both systems.

A NEW loco  out of the box  which is decoder fitted  will work  perfectly on straight DC power.

If you buy a USED loco  which is decoder fitted that too should work OK BUT if the previous owner  has  adjusted the setting ( usually via CV29)  for the loco to run only on DIGITAL then until the setting  is restored to dual mode it wont  work on DC

However  this is probably a slim  chance as in all the  years I have  used digital (since 1998!)  I have NEVER set a decoder  to run on Digital  only!
Hope this  helps1 
STEVE LEWIS   North  WALES   UK

Close  to  the  Great  Little  Trains  Of Wales!!