News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann 'Arry and Bert thread

Started by TrainFan97, February 11, 2013, 05:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cirkit:)

They really had silver side rods? Wow, didn't know that.
You learn something new every day!

I wonder if their faces will be exactly like the CGI promotional shots, or if they'll be different from one another somehow.
I noticed one of the twin's faces in a DoTD screenshot, and I think it would work well.
It's the one all the way to the left, here:

It's got the smile, but it's not so 'butterflies and 'daisies' like the faces in the promo shots, and I like that.
I think we're still going to see the promotional picture faces on the final models, but it is something I wanted to get out there.

Anyone think the Iron Twins will be gritty and scuffed up like on TV, or do ya think they'll be clean and 'shiny'?

Chaz

If the Bachmann 'Devious' Diesel of all characters got a more...jolly facial expression, then that's saying something about the faces we should expect from 'Arry and Bert.

The faces we should honestly expect from Bachmann are these two.  They are almost exactly identical, minus the stubble on Bert.  I imagine the Bachmann models would be no different in that respect.  I can also see them having silver side rods, again, because the Bachmann Diesel also had them.  I can't imagine siderods on Bachmann models ever being a different color other than silver.  The side rods are made of metal, and are usually left unpainted in most model trains in general.

I think the Bachmann 'Arry and Bert will be out by the end of this year, they really wouldn't require as much effort on Bachmann's part to put together.  Especially since it took Bachmann less than a year to release their Diesel model.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

JLK2707

Cool! I cannot wait to get the Bachmann Arry and Bert!

TrainFan97

I don't see 'Arry and Bert in the online product catalog, but I did see analog sound Thomas, and Troublesome Truck #4. The diesels should be added there.

Yeah, I really wouldn't mind at all if 'Arry and Bert had silver side rods. It'll also be okay if Bachmann made the twins look shiny and clean. They don't really put weathering on their Thomas models anyway.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

TrainFan97

This thread seems quiet so far.  ???

If Bachmann were to make Stepney someday, they will have to paint his side rods red.

'Arry and Bert, they were first in season 5 Stepney Gets Lost, but they weren't properly introduced until season 6 Middle Engine. I know a season 8 remake that's possible, which is Thomas to the Rescue.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Cirkit:)

I would love to see someone remake 'Thomas to the Rescue', when Arry and Bert are released. It would be a simple and easy remake to do, though I think whoever tries it should use a 'dummy' Thomas model, without the motor, so the motor doesn't get damaged by simulated rock fall.

I'd love for someone to re-create 'Middle Engine'. That would be a real treat.

DinoNTrains

Quote from: Cirkit:) on March 01, 2013, 11:55:56 PM

I agree  ;D Although if one had Stepney from the "other company", Stepney Gets Lost could be remade.

PS When 'Arry and Bert are released, does anyone else think it'd be possible for someone to make a custom Splodge since the side ladders and such would be removed from Diesel's body?
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

mrrailroad

Yes probably. they look almost identical besides the paint and ladders, side bars
my website for all garden train fans
http://gardentrains.webs.com/

my website for all model trains
http://usamodeltrains.webs.com/

DrNickRiviera995

Very excited to see Arry and Bert coming!  Glad I didn't get the Hornby versions as I'm sure Bachmann's will be better.

Nice to get some more diesels on the roster aswell as characters that are currently seen alot so my kids are familar with them.

JLK2707

I have the Hornby Arry and Bert models. I have just taken off the Splatter and Dodge faces and put on the Trackmaster Arry and Bert faces! I now think that they look a lot better! :)

PasqualeCS96

Can you post a picture of them with the trackmaster faces?

Fergusfan17

Quote from: DinoNTrains on March 02, 2013, 01:48:51 AM
Quote from: Cirkit:) on March 01, 2013, 11:55:56 PM

I agree  ;D Although if one had Stepney from the "other company", Stepney Gets Lost could be remade.

PS When 'Arry and Bert are released, does anyone else think it'd be possible for someone to make a custom Splodge since the side ladders and such would be removed from Diesel's body?
What other company?

thomasj219

HORNBY, No idea why we refer to them in such silly terms "The Red Box Company "The Other Company" Merely mentioning the company name doesn't promote them. In fact referring to them in such a way makes it a bigger deal.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Chaz

Honestly, I agree.  The whole thing with people censoring Hornby's name or calling it "the red box company" is just really silly, and also comes off as extremely biased.  Mentioning the name is okay, it's not doing any harm.  When you compare Hornby's line to Bachmann's line or bash Hornby's line on a Bachmann forum, that's when it looks unprofessional and it makes Bachmann as a whole look bad.  

Quote from: TrainFan97 on March 01, 2013, 05:41:07 PM
If Bachmann were to make Stepney someday, they will have to paint his side rods red.

If Bachmann were to do Stepney, I would hope they would have his side-rods painted red as that's something that has remained consistent for Stepney as a character.  At the same time though, I wouldn't be surprised if they would be left unpainted.  That being said Hornby's Stepney model had their side-rods red, so it would be interesting to find out what kind of approach Bachmann were to do if they made a Stepney model of their own.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

DrNickRiviera995

I don't see the big deal in mentioning Hornby either.  I don't think they're in competition with Bachmann since they really distribute mainly in the UK and Bachmann in US as far as I can tell at least.  Only a few diehard collectors out there are going to track down the items from the other side of the ocean, usualy just a select few engines the other company doesn't produce.  Only Hornby engine I have is Dart but I have all available engines from Bachmann.