News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann 'Arry and Bert thread

Started by TrainFan97, February 11, 2013, 05:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrainFan97

I thought I'd start this thread, so everyone can talk about the new 'Arry and Bert models Bachmann announced today.

Personally, I'm glad that they announced 'Arry and Bert instead of Oliver. 'Arry and Bert may have been in demand longer, and they are really easy projects. They just need to modify Diesel. Oliver would've required them to start from scratch.

Feel free to say your thoughts on the new models!
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Shawn

And I assume that because they've got the tooling,  they'll be released,  or at least have a picture posted sooner.  And the more engines, the better!

TrainFan97

I know for sure that 'Arry and Bert would have CGI faces, just like Diesel. Bachmann can give them black side rods if they wish. But I do hope they have black windows, since their cabs aren't black like Diesel's.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Zorran202

Ehh a guy like me can wait another year to see whether or not Oliver and/or Toad will be announced in the very future! Besides, we have Duck to grovel over XD

Anyway, I'm pleased we got more diesels being made in the range!! Even though Bachmann can just slap a new coat of paint on Diesel's base model, it makes me excited to see their promo pics eventually... :)

therailwayinspector

I have a hunch that with Duck being launched at the start of the year, the two Diesels will be held off until the usual October/November release to even and space things out, but we shall see.
Steam, Diesel? It's All The Same.
Creator Of Thomas The Model Adventures

TrainFan97

The Hornby models of 'Arry and Bert were awful. They had Splatter and Dodge's faces, and were totally inaccurate in design. And they're discontinued. At least Bachmann is making them finally, and I'm sure they'll turn out great!

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: TrainFan97 on February 12, 2013, 07:50:10 AM
The Hornby models of 'Arry and Bert were awful. They had Splatter and Dodge's faces, and were totally inaccurate in design. And they're discontinued. At least Bachmann is making them finally, and I'm sure they'll turn out great!
That is very true, and honestly I'm a little suprised at the widespread "meh" feeling on the speed activated special sounds Thomas, I mean maybe this will be the (and I know it's potentialy unlikely) revision we've been asking for, I'll keep my eyes open for that one ;). 'Arry and Bert were to be expected and while I don't really consider them my favourite characters they are part of the "bad egg" diesel group, and I got diesel on my 4 week U.S holiday (hence my recent abscence), and I think he is a lovely looking model despite some flaws, and looks at home shunting trucks about in the sidings, Duck is also one I will keep my eyes open for, as my HORNBY one is a poor runner.

Just my two cents:
~AJW98Productions98

theriddell888

I hope the new thomas has a front coupler and a better face :)!

JD417

Thats an amazing point! ^

If bachmann is making a thomas with a speaker inside, then that means there's going to be re-designment! Maybe they'll fix the normal one in the process! ;D

or, god forbid.. Bachmann pull a Trackmaster and make Thomas way bigger then he should be...

TrainFan97

I hope Thomas will be able to have a better face, and a front coupler! But now, let's get back to the 'Arry and Bert topic. I'll start a thread about the new Thomas.

Zorran202

It also makes me wonder if they'll have the classic series faces (they were the small rectangular shaped ones) or the CGI style faces (where their faces were close to Diesel's size....). Idk, I mean there was a significant difference when they transitioned from Season 12 to Season 14 and people seemed to have noticed that their faces became a tad bigger, so that's something I'm curious on...

DinoNTrains

Something tells me that the Iron Works twins will have CGI faces. I say this because Diesel's Bachmann model was given a CGI face (although Duck's face looks pretty model-era-esque).
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

theriddell888

PasqualeCS96

Are 'Arry and Bert considered engines from the classc series even though they did not have a huge roll in the classic era?

Shawn

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on February 14, 2013, 07:58:26 PM
Are 'Arry and Bert considered engines from the classc series even though they did not have a huge roll in the classic era?

Yes they are.