News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann 'Arry and Bert thread

Started by TrainFan97, February 11, 2013, 05:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zorran202

In a way, they are. They appeared in Season 5, still a bit more memorable than other characters that appeared in the post Season 7 series. And it's fitting because Cranky, who was released at the beginning days of the range, is also from Season 5, with them appearing a bit frequently in the current series more or less.

Cirkit:)

When Diesel arrived on the scene, we all knew it wouldn't be long before the Ironworks pair followed. Now they're coming into the station, along with our favorite Western Engine, and everyone's abuzz with the news.

I imagine Arry and Bert would be an easy make- just remove the ladders from Diesel, give them new coat of paint and new faces, add the stubble to one of the pair and behold- the twins!

I'm glad they're coming. I have no doubt in my mind that they will utilize CGI faces, but will they be happy and smiling like in the promotional pictures, will they have mischievous grins about them, or sulky, cross faces this time around?
Not many of the Thomas models from the range have a face that isn't cheerful-looking, so I'll expect the former of the choices then.

I can already see a number of remakes coming.. "Halloween" and "Middle Engine" stand out in my mind, as does the "Calling All Engines" fight scene. That ought to be exciting!

TrainFan97

Would you prefer the side rods on the models being black, or silver? I'd preferably choose black, like how they are on the show. Diesel's were silver until season 6. I really wouldn't care much if Bachmann gave 'Arry and Bert silver ones.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Zorran202

Well, considering that Arry and Bert themselves had black side rods, it's possible that they would get black ones, but we'll see after (or at least eventually) the promo pics for the third set of twins arrive on the good ol' internet.

TrainFan97

Quote from: Zorran202 on February 15, 2013, 09:24:43 PM
Well, considering that Arry and Bert themselves had black side rods, it's possible that they would get black ones, but we'll see after (or at least eventually) the promo pics for the third set of twins arrive on the good ol' internet.

I think the Bachmann models should have black side rods, so they'd be more like 'Arry and Bert from the show.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

JD417

well when you think about it, Diesel does represent the CGI version, I mean, just look at his face, and yet he has silver side-rods, I'm guessing that they stayed silver because Bachmann wouldn't paint side-rods that stick out so much, and would get bumped and scratched up..?

in other words i just have a feeling that even though Arry and Bert will have CGI faces, they'll still get silver side-rods, like Diesel.

EDIT: Something that I've noticed with Arry and Bert's wheels, they dont have the counter-weights like a normal class 08 such as Diesel (by counter-weights I mean that half circle on the oposite side of the wheels then the side-rods)

This is the best example I could find; http://images.wikia.com/ttte/images/8/8b/DayoftheDieselsTrailer6.jpg

TrainFan97

Quote from: JD417 on February 17, 2013, 04:19:07 PM
well when you think about it, Diesel does represent the CGI version, I mean, just look at his face, and yet he has silver side-rods, I'm guessing that they stayed silver because Bachmann wouldn't paint side-rods that stick out so much, and would get bumped and scratched up..?

in other words i just have a feeling that even though Arry and Bert will have CGI faces, they'll still get silver side-rods, like Diesel.

EDIT: Something that I've noticed with Arry and Bert's wheels, they dont have the counter-weights like a normal class 08 such as Diesel (by counter-weights I mean that half circle on the oposite side of the wheels then the side-rods)

This is the best example I could find; http://images.wikia.com/ttte/images/8/8b/DayoftheDieselsTrailer6.jpg

I guess when making 'Arry and Bert, Bachmann may have to make new wheels. Though, they're still gonna have to be the same size as Diesel's, just with no counterweights on them. Salty's wheels are also like that. Except Salty's wheels are smaller.

And about the side rods on 'Arry and Bert, maybe Bachmann can do their best to give them black ones. If not good enough, they'll just have to be silver.

Zorran202

It also makes me wonder whether or not that Arry and Bert will have the same facial expression, with minor differences (like Donald and Douglas) or different facial expressions (like Bill and Ben).

Thinking about their side rods, the majority of the engines that have side rods have always been silver. So I don't think Bachmann would change that, at least since it's a pattern that's noticeable on the engines that have side rods.

TrainFan97

When photos of 'Arry and Bert get posted someday, if their side rods are silver, we shouldn't complain. Diesel got silver side rods.

Cupix the Azelf

Quote from: TrainFan97 on February 17, 2013, 09:16:17 PM
When photos of 'Arry and Bert get posted someday, if their side rods are silver, we shouldn't complain. Diesel got silver side rods.

Well, Diesel had silver side rods at the beginning.
If they have them, I still won't complain, I think it'll look nice on them. ;)
Thomas + Bachmann = the True Thomas Experience.

Cirkit:)

I'd prefer seeing the coupling rods in black, or in a grimy dark grey, as that's how I've always seen them.
However, if Bachmann decides to make them silver, that'll be alright, and a simple fix for those wanting black anyway.

I wonder if they will be clean in appearance, like Salty was, or if they'll be 'dirtied up' a bit, as seen on TV. Most likely the former will happen, but one can only hope!

Shawn

I think the side rods will be silver out of pure ease of manufacture.

JD417

But lets not forget that when Bert and "The Un-named Diesel", who we now know as 'Arry, were first introduced, they had silver side rods.

(Episode of introduction, "Stepney Gets Lost")

TrainFan97

They had silver side rods in their first episode. So Bachmann giving them silver side rods is definitely nothing to fuss over.

DinoNTrains

Quote from: TrainFan97 on February 21, 2013, 04:23:42 PM
They had silver side rods in their first episode. So Bachmann giving them silver side rods is definitely nothing to fuss over.

very true. even the ERTL models of the Iron Works twin had silver side rods.
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)