News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann 'Arry and Bert thread

Started by TrainFan97, February 11, 2013, 05:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shawn

Hornby are incredibly strict about mentioning Bachmann on their forum.

PasqualeCS96

thomasj219

Ok now this is where we get into dangerous waters guys. Doesn't matter how they run their forum, I prefer to actually know what I am talking about. Let's just let it drop.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

TrainFan97

Got to remember what an admin said before. This is the Bachmann online forum. Not the Hornby online forum.

Guys, if I were you, I would refrain from carrying on the Hornby conversation.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

mrrailroad

yeah they will  probably delete this thread so yah
my website for all garden train fans
http://gardentrains.webs.com/

my website for all model trains
http://usamodeltrains.webs.com/

Cirkit:)

Not sure if I already asked, too lazy to go back and check :P

Do you guys thing Arry and Bert will be gritty and grimy like they've been portrayed recently, or do you think they'll look clean, like Salty, Mavis, and Diesel have before them?

I imagine weathering the twins after their purchase wouldn't be to hard. Dirty up their coupling rods, dust up their frames, at a touch of oil splatter, and they're good to go. :)

mrrailroad

considering bachmanns other thomas characters i'm guessing clean though dirty would look good on them
my website for all garden train fans
http://gardentrains.webs.com/

my website for all model trains
http://usamodeltrains.webs.com/

BassTbone

Arry and Bert will most likely be clean.  Get out your weathering kits!

TrainFan97

I hope 'Arry and Bert will have black windows.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Zorran202

Well, knowing the pattern with any diesel (Diesel, Mavis, and Salty), they usually color their windows silver, as opposed to the steam engines since they have the black windows.

TrainFan97

Quote from: Zorran202 on March 24, 2013, 07:24:02 PM
Well, knowing the pattern with any diesel (Diesel, Mavis, and Salty), they usually color their windows silver, as opposed to the steam engines since they have the black windows.

I can see why Diesel had gray windows. 'Arry and Bert would look better with black windows, because at least they don't have black cabs.

Zorran202

Well, Salty doesn't have a black cab, yet his windows are clear (though he does have clear/darkish gray windows in the TV/CGI series...). Just saying. I understand where you're coming from though. If they were to make a diesel like BoCo, since his windows are black, then that would also have to be taken into consideration (assuming if he's made at all).

TrainFan97

Quote from: Zorran202 on March 25, 2013, 08:46:53 PM
Well, Salty doesn't have a black cab, yet his windows are clear (though he does have clear/darkish gray windows in the TV/CGI series...). Just saying. I understand where you're coming from though. If they were to make a diesel like BoCo, since his windows are black, then that would also have to be taken into consideration (assuming if he's made at all).

If they did make BoCo someday, then hopefully, at least HIS windows would be black. That's how they were on the show. I think BoCo would look silly with gray windows. Black windows don't really need to be only on steamies. I'm sure a Bachmann BoCo would be just as amazing as Bachmann Duck! I can't wait to get Duck.

Even I'm a little disappointed that Oliver wasn't announced this year. At least 'Arry and Bert are still okay.

Shawn

I assume Arry and Bert will be $95/₤62,  but will be able to be picked up for alot less than that.

Fergusfan17

On amazon bachmann Thomas is always like 20-30 dollars less than the bachmann web page so I am not worried about the price. I assume they will be the same as Diesel.