News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann 'Arry and Bert thread

Started by TrainFan97, February 11, 2013, 05:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rollin Mayham

I think they wasted money on paint I would have just slap some paint on another diesel model I bought that is what I would have to do with Splatter and Dodge! >:(

Duke

I'm really looking forward to 'Arry & Bert, but I would also like them to have a dirty/messy/oily look
Thomas - Henry - Percy/Toby/Emily - Spencer - Gordon/James - Edward/Mavis - Salty - Bill/Ben - Donald/Douglas - Diesel - Duck - 'Arry - Bert - Skarloey - Oliver - Rheneas/Rosie - Rusty

Zorran202

Chances of them being grimy looking, not so big, looking at Salty and Mavis as they aren't dirty. They're very clean, so Arry and Bert wouldn't be that dirty...

But then again, I remember a user actually sprinkled on some weathering on them to make them accurately dirty, so even if they don't make them dirty, you can just slap some weathering and badabing you got yourself a couple of dirty diesels :P

TrainFan97

My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

therailwayinspector

It's probable we won't be getting them until 2014 now going by this UK seller's description. They're usually reliable in what they post.

http://www.thedieselworks.co.uk/58812-iron-arry-diesel-loco-p-667.html

Seems this is the case these days; the engine(s) announced get released the following Summer.
Steam, Diesel? It's All The Same.
Creator Of Thomas The Model Adventures

Fergusfan17

Quote from: therailwayinspector on November 08, 2013, 05:07:10 PM
It's probable we won't be getting them until 2014 now going by this UK seller's description. They're usually reliable in what they post.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,22886.60.html

Seems this is the case these days; the engine(s) announced get released the following Summer.

It just leads back to this page!

therailwayinspector

seanrail

Quote from: therailwayinspector on November 08, 2013, 05:07:10 PM

http://www.thedieselworks.co.uk/58812-iron-arry-diesel-loco-p-667.html

can't be. Towerhobbies say Late November that Arry and Bert are due for release.

therailwayinspector

Well, we're nearing the end of November and havent even had a sample-image yet so I highly doubt we'll see them before Christmas I'm afraid.

Zorran202

I'm just hoping they'll show the pics of them before the end of the year. It'll be nice to look forward to a pair of Smelter's Diesels lurking about the layouts before then... :P

Cirkit:)

Maybe their pictures will be a surprise around Christmas..
I do hope they arrive soon. I bet most of the other engines wish otherwise :p

Zorran202

Well, Christmas came and went, but no sign of the Iron Twins...

http://www.wholesaletrains.com/HOProducts2.asp?Scale=HO&Item=160Thomas&offset=25

Although according to wholesaletrains (assuming no one else posted this), they're slated for an end-of-the-month February release, hoooooopefuuuuuuuullyyyyyyyyyy........  :-\

JD417

Hey-ey, I haven't been on here for quite some time, I just thought that I would share that when I was at a Train show at the I-X Center here in Cleveland, There were a couple of Bachmann Reps there, and I asked them about forthcoming releases, and products they were thinking about doing, unfortunately they cant/don't know about forthcoming products, until about the end of February(?) when the new catalogs come out for the year, but I did get some information you guys may be happy to know about, or you may know already, either way, here I go.

Bachmann Iron 'Arry and Iron Bert are being planned out to be released in late March/Early April

The Large Scale Raspberry Syrup Tanker and Blue Open Wagon were there, and one of the men I talked to said, they're due to be out "Soon" I could've sworn they were already out, but I wasn't going to question the guy, seeing how I'm probably wrong about that anyway.

And this here, I'm very happy to know about, and share with you guys, is that The Bach-man reads EVERY post here on the forms, and puts the information we give, such as the next engine we want to see in a range, or like if something doesn't work properly, he puts into consideration to produce or fix. So every time someone puts Oliver, and BoCo or Rosie, and Whiff, that adds up to see if it would be worth it to make.

And on about what they do for the HO range now, They said they want to produce at least one engine and a rolling stock piece a year, I put in that Toad and Oliver would be perfect, seeing as we have our other Great western, and I also mentioned the Bolster wagons.

Well, that's all I feel like typing so, bye for now, everyone :P

therailwayinspector

Wish I didn't live in the UK for this reason :P I could talk their ears off trying to convince them to make Stepney.... ok, and Oliver too

It's nice that the Bach-Man does read all our posts for researcch - there's dedication for you (Thanks BM!)

Nice to hear an update on A&B too; hopefully we'll have pictures in Feb.
I can see this becoming the norm for a while; products announced are released the following year - a lot of companies are experiencing production issues which is leading to this as they try to balance out production of new and existing products.

JD417

Oh, and the first guy I talked to said he had someone "Basically yelling at me to make Rosie.." I put in that unless she would get her voice back, that she probably wouldn't do well in a realistic market :P