News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Service

Started by WoundedBear, February 15, 2013, 11:57:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoundedBear

This morning I had cause to speak with the folks at Bachmann's service department. I'm not going to go into the issue, but I will say that Bridgette and Larry handled things very well, and I'm still a happy Bachmann customer.

Thank you.

Sid

Doneldon

Sid-

While it is certainly true that Bachmann's service department has frustrated some customers to an extreme degree on
occasion, your experience is far more often the norm. I have only had one piece which I had to send in under warranty
and they took care of it professionally and quickly. Bachmann's service takes a few lumps on this board from time to time,
but I think their overall performance is excellent. It's one of the things I appreciate about their corporate zeitgeist and a
major reason that I purchase more of their products.

-- D

GG1onFordsDTandI

Lumps? Sure no ones perfect 100% of the time. Ever deal with the public? Often, we are rude idiotic babies if we dont get OUR way right now! The personal care, timeliness, and effort I experienced so far impressed me. Execution was off a little (mutual miscommunication probably)  Contact availability by phone needs work. We all cant make, and even fewer can take, calls to or FROM Bachmann during business hours, and some people still dont use email. Plus a call takes way less time than email letter, with at least a day wait for each reply. Id rather be put on hold for 30min (hopefully listening to train music, or how about crew banter, chuffs, whistles etc. instead of hold muzak) At least then I wouldn't wonder for days, whats up? did my email go thru? Am I being blown off? etc. But overall once contacted the ball rolled fast. I rate 8 out of 10. Easily improvable. Oh, and although the norm today, nobody likes the robophone systems, not even a little. Sets many people on edge immediately. Break free! Be retro-original! Lead the way! Create a telephone "live information operator" position(s). (once again)