And the next Large Scale Thomas Is

Started by chris123678, February 15, 2013, 07:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris123678

(Not sure if you all have seen or heard) but it's TOBY!

Oliverfan17

When reading the bachmann 2013 catalog, I did see that it will be Toby. I was personally hoping for Edward. Toby should be interesting, though. Any other thoughts?
Btw I'm new here so hi everyone!!!! ;D

chris123678

I wanted Edward aswell. I was hoping they'd create Edward and then they would complete the smaller Tender Engines, James, Edward, Emily, although each smaller tender engine model will probably look huge.

I like toby alot. I was never a huge fan of him, but he's great.

Oliverfan17

JD417

Im just very curious to see if he'll finally have open windows! (like the rest of the range) but Im skeptical of that because, then, how would they make it so we can't see the eye mechanism..?

It hurts my head to think about how they would pull that off. >_>

Oliverfan17

Maybe just part of the front and all of the back will be open, a possibility.
:)

Zorran202

Maybe have the top part be empty and then the rest of him filled in (just like Thomas and Percy, since their cabs are only visible at the top part, while the bottom parts are just full of plastic, if you get my meaning...).

JLK2707

theriddell888

What about the rolling stock? They look good too.

CaptainPunjab

mrrailroad

Next  I would like all of the original steam team then lady and diesel10
my website for all garden train fans
http://gardentrains.webs.com/

my website for all model trains
http://usamodeltrains.webs.com/

Cirkit:)

Quote from: theriddell888 on February 23, 2013, 05:07:53 PM

What about the rolling stock? They look good too.

It is nice to have another wagon in the range. Why they'd pick the Raspberry syrup tanker, I haven't the slightest, but the color's nice. I am glad that blue truck has made it's way to the range. Imagine how nice it would look with that coal load from the green truck...

Toby is a welcome surprise to the Large Scale Range. He fits the size range we were expecting, and would fit in well with the other engines.
I'm surprised by how many engines from Thomas' branch have been made. I almost expect Mavis to make an appearance in the range next. Almost.

I don't see Lady or Diesel 10 being made into HO, much less Large Scale any time soon. They're not as popular as the engines introduced thus far, they've appeared very little, only in movies/specials, and even then, rarely; Diesel 10's gimmick claw would be hard to manage, small parts and all.. 

I see engines like Edward, Mavis, Diesel, even Gordon and Henry with more of a chance making their way into the Large Scale range than those two. Still, if you think there should be a HO/OO Diesel 10 or Lady, that's what scratchbuilding is for. It has been done before, and rather well by many I must say.

I wonder if Henrietta will join Toby in the Large Scale range. Toby already has a variety of trucks to choose, but it wouldn't feel right without his little orange companion rolling along behind him...