News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

G White Christmas Loco

Started by CAMPBELL LYNN, February 16, 2013, 11:24:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CAMPBELL LYNN

Just received a replacement Loco from Bachmann, thanks for your fast, efficient service.  Anyway, before I set up my track, just wondering about the wheels, or whatever they are called on the Loco.  They are kind of on a piece of metal and swivel back and forth...is that right?  Tried to upload a pic, but uploader was full..thanks in advance.

Sleeping Bear

If you mean the front set of 4 wheels (the pilot truck or lead truck) then yes ....they are supposed to move side to side...It is so they can follow the track through curves and "lead" the loco through it.....on full scale(real ones)  the lead truck helped hold up the front of the loco and spread out its weight.....If this isn't right I am sure we will hear different real soon....Hope it is and hope this helps....Later All......S.B.
"If at first you don't succeed....Get a bigger hammer"

CAMPBELL LYNN

Thanks Sleeping Bear, will drag my set out of storage and set it up.  Thanks for correcting me on the "Pilot/Truck..instead of wheels...been collecting for a year and a half...and never knew what a consistently ongoing Hobby this would be...always a-changing...

Sleeping Bear

I started "collecting" about 4 years ago now and though I have about 4 short strings of cars 5 locos and a plow, I still don't feel I have any where near enough as of yet, or at least I don't have what I think I should, most noteably, a layout to run on say for at Christmas around the tree....and under the table....and around the chair...this hobby can get addicting and yes...it is always changing....Have fun with it.......Later All.......S.B.
"If at first you don't succeed....Get a bigger hammer"