News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Digital turnouts and switches

Started by sonQbano, October 10, 2007, 05:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonQbano

Hi, I am new in the digital era, and I want to know which is the device to control switches and trunouts, and the decoders for each one too.
If somebody can sugget smething to me, I will be gratefull

fieromike

Quote from: sonQbano on October 10, 2007, 05:06:02 PM
Hi, I am new in the digital era, and I want to know which is the device to control switches and trunouts, and the decoders for each one too.
If somebody can sugget smething to me, I will be gratefull
You can still control your turnouts the same as you have in the days before DCC.
If you want DCC contol of your turnouts, you will use the same equipment that you use with your locos, but you will use it to control special stationary decoders.  They come in two major types; one for solenoid operated switches like Bachmann, Atlas, Peco, etc.  The second type is for the slow motion types like Tortoise.  NCE, Digitrax,  and others manufacture them.

sonQbano

Thanks Fieromike
I am thinking in using the Bachmann 44902, but i dont know if this model allows me  controls switches, i have 30 switches to contol. Please let me know the model  to use

fieromike

Quote from: sonQbano on October 15, 2007, 05:42:19 PM
Thanks Fieromike
I am thinking in using the Bachmann 44902, but i dont know if this model allows me  controls switches, i have 30 switches to contol. Please let me know the model  to use
The 44902 is too basic to control turnouts well, if at all.  I'd recommend one of the other systems on the market.  NCE, Digitrax, MRC, Atlas, and others make solid small entry level/fairly inexpensive/whatever systems that will do most everything that the big guns will do.  Bachmann has a new system, the Dynamis, coming out soon, but we haven't seen much about it here in the U.S. yet.

Mike