News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

dEISEL WON'T RUN

Started by JGD, February 19, 2013, 08:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JGD

MY BACHMAN ALCO DEISEL, DCC QUIT RUNNING....THE SOUND CARD STILL OPERATES.  OTHER DCC TRAINS RUN.  I TRIED REPROGRAMING, BUT STILL WON'T RUN

cwmeeks

It would appear that your caps lock key is stuck.

Have you tried resetting it to the factory defaults? Can you hear anything while trying to use it. Have you taken the shell off to see if the motor turns? Are the pickups making contact with the wheels.

Regards

c

JGD

Cap locks off.     I get sound, and bells and horn works, plus engine noise...but won't run.  I'll examine the pickups.  Thanks  J

bapguy

What DCC system are you using? Try resetting the decoder to factory default. Programm 8 into CV8. Exit programming,lift the loco off the track for a couple of seconds, put loco back on track. If resetting took place, the headlights will flash several times. Try running on address 3. I had a loco with a Tsunami do the same thing and did a reset. Joe

jward

you say the sounds are still there. when you try to run this engine, does the sound throttle up when you adjust the speed controlller? if not, you are probably trying to run the wrong address. in a sound locomotive, the sound automatically runs on dcc unless you mute it, but it will only idle unless you have it properly addressed to the controller.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

utdave

might check and see if the drive shafts are in place  or a wire pulled off to the motor  after you open it.  might be your next step

Dave

ChrisS

If the bells and  horns work. He's got the right address and the pickups are working fine