Red or green - the GP40, Missouri-Kansas-Texas #245

Started by on30gn15, February 19, 2013, 06:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

on30gn15

Think that just became Kathy's Christmas  ;D
(yes, Kathy has trains and likes the Katy, women are odd about things like that)
(actually, women are odd about a lot of things, but that's a discussion for a whole 'nother 55 gazillion gig of bandwidth)

Is it going to be red or green?

That info isn't provided on catalog page http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?act=viewProd&productId=4303

When all esle fials, go run trains
Screw the Rivets, I'm building for Atmosphere!
later, Forrest

jward

it will be green. how do i know this?

mkt bought gp40s 170-230 new, these were the only red ones. 231 & up were former conrail gp40s, purchaased about 1983, well into the green era.

170-230 were also built w/o dynamic brakes, unlike the bachmann model.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

on30gn15

Ah, thanks!
Even though I live in the town with the Katy Bridge, this is not where I'm from, which leads to not having built up much knowledge about the Katy.

Already told Kathy and she's tickled to be getting it. She grew up in Missouri, mostly in the Kansas City area, where the Katy went to. Has some family who worked for the MoP.  

As for new releases which interest me, I'm looking forward to the GM&O GP30s; want to end up with a pair.

Even though I desire earlier years and won't likely be purchasing any, am expecting the new NS heritage units to be handsome machines. Especially the CofG and SOU ones  ;)
When all esle fials, go run trains
Screw the Rivets, I'm building for Atmosphere!
later, Forrest