News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ command walkaround throttle problems

Started by errolflynn737, February 25, 2013, 10:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

errolflynn737

I have been using EZ command with success for 3 years.  Recently, I added a walk around companion throttle.  It worked flawlessly when connected directly to the controller.  I wanted to operate from another location on the layout so I purchased the remote connector panel (with cable).  I installed it according to directions (although quite simple) and plugged in across the layout.  Some of the locomotives worked, but the forward direction light did not light any longer (locos still run) and several of locos didn't light up or run.  I tried plugging the companion back into the controller directly and still have problems as described above.  I tried powering everything off, unplugging and plugging, etc.  I also tried the second port for the IO connection.  No luck.
Is there a reset for the controller or companion.  The controller still works fine by itself.
Thanks for any help you may provide.
John
from the Oregon River and Beaver Junction Railroad (based on the MRR beer line from 2009)
Oregon River Railroad-

the Bach-man

Dear 737,
The only thing I can think of is a bad wire. Contact service for a replacement and let us know if that works.
Thanks!
the Bach-man

errolflynn737

I've tried several cables and they all present the same problem, so I'm ruling that out. I removed all the locomotives. Re-programmed each one to the same address as before. All functioning normally with ez command controller. plugged the walkaround throttle back in (as per instructions) and had same result. It will run 3 of the 9 locomotives. functions (lights, horns, bells) working okay on the 3. forward direction light still doesn't come on. and the other addresses don't light up (six locos). very strange. I don't try to run more than 3-4 locomotives at a time. tried every combination of cabling. same result. straight from controller to throttle (bypassing new companion port), same result.
any more ideas? I may try reprogramming locos to different addresses next.
thanks for your help.
Oregon River Railroad-