News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

ALCO S-2 turbo sounds

Started by Len Turner, February 26, 2013, 10:31:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Len Turner

I have a Bachmann ALCO S-2 with Sound Value decoder using NCE Power Cab system. All the decoder CV's are set at factory defaults.

I'm happy with the actual loco speed vs. speed steps. I use speed steps 1 - 6 for most switching ( 2.5mph - 10mph). I use speed steps 10, 13, and 20 (15mph, 20mph, 30mph) on the main switching run. The turbo rev sound notches up at speed steps 1, 7, 14, 21, etc. Is there any way I can change the turbo rev up sound to increase at speed steps 1, 3, 6, 9, etc., without disturbing the speed CV's? Or can I change the turbo rev increase setting so I can manually notch it up with a function key?

Thanks!
Len

bapguy

Go to the Soundtraxx web site and down load the diesel user guide. This is the manual for their sound decoders. Most of what's in the manual relates to the sound value. CV116 is the one to change. The default is 39. Try changing it to 12 to 15 range. If this doesn't work for you, a value of 0 changes it to manual notching: F9 is notch up, F10 down.  Joe.

Len Turner

Thank you bapguy!   ;D  Just what I was looking for. Works perfect.
Thanks,
Len

bapguy

I'm happy it worked out. I'm thinking o getting one of these myself when my budget alows.  Joe

timhar47

They are great. Unfortunately, like a lot of the BACHMANN sound value - they are disappearing. Whats with the not restocking these engine lines (RS3, S-2, FA2) BACHMANN? You are providing a product that is comfortable to the pocketbook, that may be the only sound equipped engines some of us can afford.