E-Z track turnout size to move from one radius

Started by Chris Shott, March 27, 2021, 03:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Shott

Hello, new to n scale working on track design.  Which turnouts do I need to move from various radius size ovals?  I can't find any info for this.
Which turnouts from 9.75 to 11.25
    ".                ".     11.25 to 12.5
    ".                ".     12.5. To 14
    ".                ".     14 to 15.5
    ".                ".     15.5 to 17.5

Also is track radius measured from center of track to center?

Any and all help is appreciated! Chris

Hunt

Download the free version of AnyRail and use it to answer your question and other questions not yet asked.

https://www.anyrail.com/en

Track radius is measured from the center line of the track to the center of the curve.

skipgear

The only thing Bachmann has to go from one "radius" to the next is the double track crossover. The standard turnout is about as non standard as it gets, the curve is 11 1/4" and the straight does not match any existing length straight or combinations of straights that they currently make. The #6 turnouts do not give a standard double track spacing and there are not enough options in small straights to place between them to get it right. Also doing that you can not get the two resulting parallel straights to end at the same length without custom cutting track.

If you are wanting to do more complex track layouts, it is time to consider flex track and numbered turnouts or if you must have roadbed style track, maybe move to Kato track which has a more well thought out geometry and design plan.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

Chris Shott

Thank you for good information.  I will research Kati

Regards,  Chris