News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

couplers

Started by stevedz313, August 18, 2007, 04:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevedz313

I have an older train set and I’m getting back into the hobby. My train has the older style couplers (Rapido) and they work fine but I would like to upgrade it the newer style (Knuckle) for looks and so it’s easier to couple and uncouple. Dose any one make a conversion for my set. My train is an E60CP “The Centennial”.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/catalog/?function=detail&id=25

Steve Zandman
Stevedz313
Steve Zandman

airferber

Micro-trains has coupler conversion kits for this set as well as many other bachmann rolling stock (except the newly modeled amfleets) The coupler conversion kit to use is
MT-1134 (001 33 031) (Long Shank) , or MT-1133 (001 33 030) (Shorter).

Both will work, but for more prototypical appearance I recommend using MT-1133 rather than MT-1134.  Instructions are included in each package which contains two pairs of couplers.  For one engine and 3 cars,  you need 2 packages of the MT-1133 couplers. 

If you want to add more amfleets,  bachmann's new amfleets only use rapido couplers at the moment (knuckle coupler version to be released later, according to the post entitled "amfleet couplers").  To use with the train set pictured on this thread,  one end of 2 of the amfleets that came in your set must have a rapido coupler if you are going to add a phase 3 cafe car. You may get a notice saying the recommended turning radius is 19 inches.  However,  I tried it with the amfleets that came in the set you mentioned, and it worked without derailments.

I hope this helps.

Aaron Ferber

frank.g

I have an N scale E60Cp that is missing the couplers and gear boxes. I am looking for a parts diagram and/or a good detailed picture of what I need to buy to restore the original rapido style couplers/

Frank