$50 special chassis #81095 missing wiring harness for smoke & headlight

Started by traincrazychapple, February 26, 2013, 02:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

traincrazychapple

:)Hi all:
I purchased four $50 special 4-6-0 chassis this past week.  Two are the #81095 with red wheels and red trim on the steam chests and stephenson valve gear that will go into circus bodies.  I also bought a 81092 and a 81088 both with walschaerts(sp) valve gear.  #92 and #88 wiring harnesses include both mini-slide switches one for polarity and the other for the smoke and front headlight.  However, the two #95's only have the polarity mini-switch wiring and do not have the wiring for the smoke and front headlight.  Why??? I have tested and confirmed that the miniswitches do indeed control polarity.
Again these all are the upgraded $50 specials with the metal siderods, front trim, etc.  What is everyone else doing about this?  Are you tapping into the polarity switch wiring to get power for the smoke and front headlight?
Thanks for any help on this item.
Dick
PS My #88 was to be all black with white side walls, instead I received one for the bumblebee, no problem as I'll just paint over; this one is for a Colo & southern body.

gunrunner

well, i forgot.
i followed the link that loco bill posted for re-powering big haulers. when i found they were on sale, i ordered a couple. got just what i wanted; black drivers, fancy valve gear, and there's wires all over the place. happy as a little clam.
thanx, bill.