News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC equipment

Started by Rob Roy, March 02, 2013, 12:20:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob Roy

I recently bought a 3-truck Shay with DCC & sound. I do not have the Bachmann system,yet,I have a power supply to 22 volts 15 amps. Is the E-Z command # 44902 sufficient to operate this system? Or do I need the Dynamic wireless? I am acquainted with & use  LGB digital & MTH Proto Sound 2 ASdvise sought.Rob Roy//

Doneldon

RR-

The EZ Command DCC system will operate your Shay. However, this rudimentary system does not permit you to program the locomotive, operate most sound and light features or operate more than two sound or three non-sound locos at a time (if you're lucky). Dynamis is a more powerful and versatile system. I strongly encourage you to consider the Dynamis or another manufacturer's entry-level system over the EZ Command.

DO NOT hook your 22v, 15amp power source to any DCC system; it is just too powerful. I believe it will severely shorten the life of your DCC controller and decoders. You want 16-20 volts and up to five or eight amps for a DCC power supply. The best policy is to follow the specifications in your DCC system's documentation. While boosters are more-or-less universal, meaning they can be a different brand than the control station, you should stay within the limits described in your system's instructions.

-- D