News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Some abandoned characters

Started by TrainFan97, March 01, 2013, 10:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zorran202

However, after watching Hero of the Rails and Blue Mountain Mystery, the producers/directors from Nitrogen inserted easter eggs even for the people that grew up with the show to recognize, to know that they haven't been forgotten (like the use of the Steamworks as the RWS equivalent to Croven's Gate and Marklin engine seen at the Dieselworks). It was, in a way, something that I can enjoy as a 90's kid, while at the same time embrace the CGI series as a whole (and after seeing the trailer for KOTR, it sounds promising already).

It also goes to show that Bachmann decided to make Duck because the requests were so large, who wouldn't make the GWR for their 10th anniversary in the business?

TrainFan97

Some people were disappointed that Oliver wasn't announced for this year.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Oliverfan17

I was very sad about not having Oliver, maybe next year!

branmas

Ok, so some people they MUST bring back or the show won't be the same. Duck, Oliver, Donald, Douglas, Stepney, Toad, BoCo and Daisy. We can all agree that they should all be brought back.

Zorran202

They should be brought back only if the writing has been improved (starting with King of the Railway/Season 17)!!! So in a way, I prefer to wait if the series has redeemed itself, with the help of Andrew Brenner that is ;)

Rollin Mayham

Most characters where abandoned some before the CGI series Starting with Lady if I remember correctly that would be cool though if they brought her back in a CGI movie.

Fergusfan17

Hopefully Fergus will come back. His model was destroyed in Bill, Ben, and Fergus, and that is why he didn't make any more appearances in the model era, but now that it is cgi and Andrew Brenner is in charge, hopefully he has a chance!

TrainFan97

Quote from: Fergusfan17 on April 02, 2013, 07:13:37 PM
Hopefully Fergus will come back. His model was destroyed in Bill, Ben, and Fergus, and that is why he didn't make any more appearances in the model era, but now that it is cgi and Andrew Brenner is in charge, hopefully he has a chance!

Was it the rock-slide that destroyed him?
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Anthony P2

he never returned after that episode because they messed up the model when they shot the "rock slide" scene.

Fergusfan17

Quote from: TrainFan97 on April 02, 2013, 08:39:58 PM

Yes, yes it was.
:'( :'( :'( :'(

Fergusfan17

Quote from: AJW98Productions The Second on April 04, 2013, 07:17:30 AM
Quote from: Fergusfan17 on April 03, 2013, 04:44:05 PM
Quote from: TrainFan97 on April 02, 2013, 08:39:58 PM

Yes, yes it was.
:'( :'( :'( :'(
Relax...He was not destroyed, he was rescued. But his model was screwed up because of it. Unfortunately...

That's what I meant.

Mulfred

not trying to pick faults but that happened in the 3rd episode of season 7, he also appeared in the 13th and 18th to my memory so not too sure what way they filmed thomas but if it was in fact in order maybe that wasn't entirely the reason, and i'm sure if they wanted to could bring him into CGI http://ttte.wikia.com/wiki/Fergus

AJW98Productions

Quote from: Mulfred on April 05, 2013, 07:09:36 AM
not trying to pick faults but that happened in the 3rd episode of season 7, he also appeared in the 13th and 18th to my memory so not too sure what way they filmed thomas but if it was in fact in order maybe that wasn't entirely the reason, and i'm sure if they wanted to could bring him into CGI http://ttte.wikia.com/wiki/Fergus
True, maybe there's something that's going on that we don't know about ... THE PLOT THICKENS! LOL :)...

Fergusfan17

What does it mean on the wikia where it says he has a persistent cough?

Zorran202

Well think about it, he works at the 'dusty' cement works, which would be enough to give anyone (engine or people) coughing problems... It could also mean that he's old in age as well, but only a possibility...