News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Help I'm lost

Started by AndyJB, March 02, 2013, 09:33:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyJB

OK so Toby is sitting naked on the workbench, I've removed his shell and his PC board. I'm left with 4 wires which my Digitrax SDH164D Sound FX decoder instructions tell me to attach to the wires on the 9 pin track, motor and function harness. That all appears easy but nowhere do the instructions tell me what to do with the 6 wires coming from the 10 pin sound harness. 2 are already connected to the speaker and 2 to the storage capacitor. All it says in regards to the sound harness is IF (and I'm not) using an external synchro cam to connect it to the white wire.
So am I to assume there are only 4 wires to hook up? It seems too easy.
Any help is appreciated.

GG1onFordsDTandI

If no one in Thomas-land lends a hand after awhile, try this question in general discussions. These boards are common among all scales. I would help but I run 3rail-O no digital. Just visiting Thomas forum to learn & enjoy the scenery.

AndyJB

Success, Toby is a full DCC and sound member although currently he only makes N.American audible warnings.
It was so easy just 4 wires to hook up, that is until we add lights.
Now I'll attack the other dozen or so locos converting them to both DCC/sound and KD couplers.

GG1onFordsDTandI

Cool. Good luck. What type of warnings differ? Is it an accent difference or signal sounds?

AndyJB

Yes he definitely has a southern accent ;D No I meant he has a horn rather than a whistle. I think I can change it I just have not mastered that CV yet.

GG1onFordsDTandI

Quote from: AndyJB on March 13, 2013, 07:56:53 AM
Yes he definitely has a southern accent ;D No I meant he has a horn rather than a whistle. I think I can change it I just have not mastered that CV yet.
I see. Not quite prototypical for a steamer to have a horn is it. Im only a part time troll ("live under the Mackinaw bridge")  ;D So dont sweat me too much on the southern boy thing Ive been to Sault Ste Marie more often than Windsor, then again Ive been to Amherstburgh more often than to Windsor. They had steamer to run around Boblo amusment park. My outer loop layout concept is Non-stop Buffallo through Toledo to the "Northern Scenic Express" side of the "Detroit / Gross Isle / Amherstburg Depot", then to Sault Ste Marie via Mighty Mac, auto lanes switched over to rail traffic, then over the Soo via new"Algonquin Bridge" then to Buffallo. Inner loops begin near "D.G.I.A." depot spiltting into "DGIA sideing then splitting into Det/Windsor tunnel for heavy freight, and a Grosse Isle-Stoney Isd.-Amhersrtburg Rail bridge where the failed Mich Central bridge was is the 1800s Now serves vintage and 100mph average, light rail passenger service. Detroit to Buffallo. The passenger and cargo loops come together again just before Londons rail yard ladder then go to off to Buffallo merging wth the first loop again. All lines will be eletrified An Erie, Huron loop. Canadian eh? Thats OK, I can understand the Yoopers, you shouldnt be too much harder to understand. Unless you pull some French out of your bag o tricks.(or Algonquin) Funny thing, with the accent comment, I assumed you were a European with North American crew talk. ::) :P ;D