News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann code 83

Started by brion, March 03, 2013, 08:26:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brion

Hi my name is Brion, i was wondering if you can help me. I have bought e-z Bachmann track Nickel / silver with Grey Roadbed  and using 22 inch radius track . I want to do code 83 which is the Figure 8 with Spurs. Can i just use the Bachmann E-Z track for the whole layout. Plus i need to know what all E-z track i need to do the code 83 in Dcc.

Doneldon

Brion-

Gray EZ Track is Code 100, not Code 83. It can be used for either DC or DCC. The only real difference is that some turnouts must be wired a bit differently. You can use this track for your entire layout though it does get rather expensive to do so. Exactly what track you need depends on your layout plan. For example, you need a different crossing angle for a minimum length figure-eight layout versus one which is stretched out. Basically, the longer the layout the shallower the angle of the required crossing. We can help you with a materials list if you tell us the length of your plan and more details about what you mean by "Figure eight with Spurs."

-- D