News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Steam in Alabama

Started by MPSOUTHERN, March 04, 2013, 03:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MPSOUTHERN

March 2,Saturday, I was in Attalla,Alabama to see TVRM #630,with the smallest water tender I have ever seen,and a GP40-2 MUed to a RPE4C Slug w/cab,trailing 12 cars, arrive from Chattanooga,Tenn. Eventhough it was cold and snowy,sure was nice to see steam in AL. again. Can't wait to see 4501 up and running again. And I hope the rumors about 611 are true, would love to see her run again.

CNE Runner

Dog nabbit...I live just up yonder in Guntersville and would have loved to see that locomotive. Ah well, a pound light and a day late as usual.

Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

WTierce1

I live right below Chattanooga and have seen 630 during Railfest. I have also seen the restoration progress on 4501 and the progress is great! I want to see what else they have done at rail-camp this summer.
A fan of the Tennessee Valley Railroad

MPSOUTHERN

Check out Youtube.There are a couple videos made of 630 between Chatt. and Att. Please keep us posted on the progress of 4501.

legostudios34

I've had the joy of seeing 630 running in Chattanooga and Atlanta and I got to ride behind it on the  inaugural 21st Century Steam Excursion from TVRM to DeButts yard. I tried to get my mom to drive me to Fort Payne to catch it between Chattanooga and Attalla but she said that she didn't want to drive that far from home in the snow.

WTierce1

I have made some videos of 630 and the 4501 progress and should have the video uploaded sometimes this week. I heard that TVRM is hoping to have 4501 running some time early next year. Along with that, they are hoping that within another 5 years, TVRM will have 630, 4501 and 610 all running. That will be a sight. I will put a link when I get it uploaded.
A fan of the Tennessee Valley Railroad