some new road names for WBB locos

Started by stationmaster12, March 06, 2013, 07:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpkoltz2002

A lot of railroads have disappeared from the WBB roster-Frisco,Northern Pacific,Soo Line,Seaboard Air Line,CSX,Conrail,Wisconsin Central,Southern Pacific to name a few.

cpkoltz2002

I was wrong about the Southern Pacific.The U33C is still available,thank you Lord.

TrainmanGene

People that are good at repainting can easily strip the paint off plastic by soaking in automotive brake fluid for a few days or you can use EZ Off Oven cleaner (costic formula but be very careful and wear old clothes, use eye protection and rubber gloves. It is very dangerous and can blind you permanitly. But undecorated shells will be welcome from people that want a road name that isn't popular or there own fictious road name.

Quote from: M1FredQ on March 17, 2013, 05:06:12 PM
Would it be profiitable or do-able for WBB to produce either the engine painted with just

primer or a shell then folks could finish it in the markings they want??

I would only purchase it if I knew someone who could finish it for me. Or I could handle it myself like a Norfolk Southern black or Lehigh Valley red-brown.

It's just an idea so that folks who want the little mentioned rail lines or make up their own rail-lines.

In addition there are those out their who are enterprising and talented who would offer to paint and decal our "shells" for us making themselves a cottage industry business.

WBB could possibly sell more product and everyone is happy.

I wonder if WBB has thought about it. The part to consider in favor of the idea is that WBB

wouldn't have to commit resources on "other" lines they thought may not sell.

Would it lowere the cost of an engine for us?? I don't know only WBB could answer that . I read somewhere that we are seeing less non-powered locomotives because tha cost to produce is about the same as a powered one?!?!? I don't know if that is true or not either?

Overall I like having the Engine or rolling stock all finished and ready to go. My son and I get a real charge and a lot of "Wow-ing" when we open a brand new WBB box.
Just like when that U.P. GP-30 makes it to the house that will be worth me pestering him to get perfect scores on his spelling tests and A's in Math and Science. I let him slide on Social(ist) Studies as I supplement their history knowledge myself.

Happy St Patty's Day!!!
Sueme Valley System

phillyreading

M1FredQ,

One of the administrators on here, maybe 3Rail (not 100% sure who), mentioned that unpainted or primered units don't sell that good. You may think that an unpainted unit might sell good but from sales history that is not the case.

To get a person to paint the unit costs around $100.00 each plus cost of decals or stencils.

Lee F.

M1FredQ

Thanks Lee

Nothing ventured nothing gained.

I don't blame them. Like you said very few units sell to make it worth their while.

That's fine.

There's a lot of talent in this hobby and if someone is good with an airbrush and decals

they can make it happen!!

Also is WBB has scratched, chipped or etc shells they might offer them for sale for the few that want to try their hand

phillyreading

Fred,

You have some great ideas and I hope that somebody in admin is looking at these postings on here and listening. To be honest, only time will tell what Bachmann will do.

Lee F.

TrainmanGene

One I would like to see is the GP-30 or U33C painted for Seaboard Coast Line in there black paint scheme which was basically the former ACL scheme.

Quote from: DominicMazoch on March 17, 2013, 05:26:40 PM
What i do not understand is that WBB does not make locomotices which have the basic livery for several railroads:

CGW, MKT, KCS red.

KCS and L&A.

CB&Q and C&S

BN and C&S

SP and SSW, goth in Back widow and red 'n gray.

SP and DRGW, in the grey body Speed Lettering era

Blue B&O and CNJ second generation geeps in dark blue

Southern Railway Family.

I do SP, so stuff in SSW, T&NO, and PE are within my range!
Sueme Valley System

M1FredQ

Well Folks

i bit the bullet and ordered the GP-30

We went with Union Pacific. The ACL was a big contender but maybe some later date.

We have other UP items so that engine will fit right in. Not to mention that sound

system will be a lot of fun and keep the kids busy !!!! I'll give a "impressions"

report when it gets here.

Spring Break starts Thursday and its supposed to arrive Friday and my wife knows \
Joey will be on his best behavior as he gets to open the package if he is good!!!!

wmwalker

M1FredQ
I will be waiting for your report and I know you will enjoy it very much. I need to get my order in myself but I need to pick up the other 3 Williams engines on hold at my hobby shop this Friday and then I will place my order with him then for my ACL GP30. ;D
Thanks
Wyatt

Juniata Guy

Wyatt:

Please ask him if he has any news from his distributor regarding my B&M and Erie F-3's.

Thanks,
Curt

wmwalker

Curt
I will check it out tomorrow when I visit him.
Thanks
Wyatt

M1FredQ

Let us know about those Erie F-3's.

I have the Wiliams 72 foot Blue Comet Madison cars would those match with the

F-3's??

tsched

Quote from: Juniata Guy on March 27, 2013, 09:27:08 PM
Wyatt:

Please ask him if he has any news from his distributor regarding my B&M and Erie F-3's.

Thanks,
Curt

I bought the Boston & Maine F-3s, both the AA set and the B-unit from Mario's Trains.  They're on their way to me right now.  Can't wait.

steelhead76

I would LOVE to see a Jersey Central F-3 in blue and orange.