Lil Big Haulers, a couple ideas for our Overseas friends

Started by vic, March 07, 2013, 02:17:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vic

Why should we in the States have all the fun?  :o

Here are a couple of suggestions for any who like me, really like British or Export engines

Both would be relatively easy bashes using the Lil Biggers

Just tossing ideas randomly into the air  :P

GG1onFordsDTandI

Cab on the bottom pic is cool. 8) No coal in the bin? :-\... ;)
Nice added details on your loco on other thread, If you like bashin you might enjoy this, follow link at the bottom of the first post http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,23133.msg182881.html#msg182881

vic

Quote from: GG1onFordsDTandI on March 13, 2013, 02:14:53 AM
Cab on the bottom pic is cool. 8) No coal in the bin? :-\... ;)
Nice added details on your loco on other thread, If you like bashin you might enjoy this, follow link at the bottom of the first post http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,23133.msg182881.html#msg182881

Hi, ah Chris Walas, Great guy, I first met Chris at the BTS a few years ago. I got a big box of cast away train parts when he moved that I am still figuring out what to bash out of. Chris is a great guy who's creations still amazes and melts my brain. Have you seen his most recent "the fish are in" train posted on MLS?

GG1onFordsDTandI

Quote from: vic on March 16, 2013, 08:45:08 PM
Hi, ah Chris Walas, Great guy, I first met Chris at the BTS a few years ago. I got a big box of cast away train parts when he moved that I am still figuring out what to bash out of. Chris is a great guy who's creations still amazes and melts my brain. Have you seen his most recent "the fish are in" train posted on MLS?
BTS? MLS? Acronyms are not my strong suit. No havent seen it. You met him? Shook his hand? Is he even human? 
I wrote him to thank him for existing in this world, and he sent me a link to "awnuts" site, but If it was there, I dont remember.(very long load times, so I was selective with my views) Got that link to MLS? (If not, I'll do the searching if I get a full site name, this person is now on my list of artists worth paying closer attention to.) 

Loco Bill Canelos

Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

GG1onFordsDTandI

Quote from: Loco Bill Canelos on March 18, 2013, 09:19:56 AM
MLS = mylargescale.com   http://www.mylargescale.com/

BTS =Big Train Show
Thank you Loco Bill. I suspected BTS it was a west coast show but found no info upon searching. Today I searched again
(with same querry) and found links. In my eyes, proving the removal of advanced search options dirrect from search box of a certain search engine is another dumbed down computer control option which is not "better" than the old, but forced upon us in the name of "daddy knows best"or"Progress".(3 weeks and outlooks email still not working right after forced switch from hotmail. Also in the name of "progress". No usefull emails, only spam, but for weeks I got zip, nada, nothing)
MLS-Been there, nice.       Thanks again.   

on30gn15

Need some kind of guidebook in pocket timetable size to keep track of all the acronyms and model RR lingo  ;D
When all esle fials, go run trains
Screw the Rivets, I'm building for Atmosphere!
later, Forrest

norman

Hi Vic:

I lost the reply to my previous enquiry:

what is the diameter of the smokebox ?

I enjoy viewing your postings.

I hope that eventually Bachmann will produce a Little Hauler similar to the Disneyland "Ward Kimball" loco.

All of the required parts are there. Just need to mold a new frame and siderods.

Norman