News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

bachmann n scale 2-6-0 with dcc

Started by ken716, March 07, 2013, 03:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ken716

Anyone know what this loco will pull on a 4%(i think,it might be more) grade? Thanks in advance! I have a "terrain for trains" layout that i would like to run one on, The loco would be pulling 4-5 shortie overtons and the model power 4-4-0 wont do it.

skipgear

Never tested the pulling power on my 2-6-0 but the 4-6-0 which is very similar pulled a 19 car train up a roughly 400' constant 1.5% grade on my friends layout only strugglying one place where the grade bumped up to closer to 2%.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

onzeroad

Quote from: ken716 on March 07, 2013, 03:26:35 AM
Anyone know what this loco will pull on a 4%(i think,it might be more) grade? Thanks in advance! I have a "terrain for trains" layout that i would like to run one on, The loco would be pulling 4-5 shortie overtons and the model power 4-4-0 wont do it.

Very interesting question for me also.

Thanks for info about 4-4-0.

Mike C

You can get the Model Power 4-4-0 to pull better but it will take some work. Its not something I have done , but there is a short vid on you tube about it. You will want to change the tender to a Bachmann Spectrum tender to get all wheel pick up on the tender. Then you will need to apply Bullfrog Snot to all 4 of the locomotive drivers. That might do the trick to get it pulling up such a steep grade........Mike

skipgear

If you want the MP 4-4-0 to pull, buy a traction tire driver for the Pacific and install it. The Bachmann tender trucks certainly help a lot too. The traction tires turn it into a remarkable puller. The most recent versions that came with the Micro-Trains sets appear to have traction tires.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950