Fast running of brand new n gauge B1 loco

Started by Rich62, March 09, 2013, 11:23:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich62

I have just acquired in a clearance sale (hence no warranty) a brand new B1 n gauge loco (61139) still as packed in China. On testing it on track, even at transformer half speed , it runs very fast is and is hardly controllable. Is this normal or what could be wrong?

Doneldon

Rich-

It doesn't matter that you purchased your loco on sale. If it was a
new item with all of the paperwork the warranty still applies. This
is because the manufacturer (Bachmann) offers the warranty, not
the retailer.

-- D

bobwrgt

Post your question here in the UK.  You might get an answer since it is Bachmann UK item.
http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Forums/index.php

poliss

The law is different in the UK. You bought the goods from the trader, not the manufacturer, and the trader is liable for any breaches of contract (unless he was acting as the manufacturer's agent).  Wherever goods are bought they must "conform to contract". This means they must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality (i.e. not inherently faulty at the time of sale).
It doesn't matter if you bought it in a sale, your rights are still the same unless the defect was pointed out to you before you bought it.
Contact the retailer.

GG1onFordsDTandI

program values could have been changed if its dcc, try a reset to factory specs. otherwise I would suspect the power suppy of being the cause.