News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

ACELA: Parts question

Started by jdw3rd, March 13, 2013, 09:21:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdw3rd

I submitted these questions to Parts@BachmannTrains.Com two or three times now but have received no reply so I thought I'd try here.

I want to add DCC & Power to my ACELA "Dummy" unit.  The motivation for this is two fold:  (1)  I want the better rail performance that will come from having power on both ends so regardless of direction of travel I'll have one pusher and one puller.  This will accommodate higher speeds when in "reverse".  (2)  I want the directional and ditch lights on both units to correctly indicate Fore and Aft.

Here's the cut-n-past from my most recent EMail to Parts@BachmannTrains.Com ( or is it "The Bachmann Black Hole" ? ):

>>> start

I want to convert my HO Scale ACELA "Dummy" unit to a "Powered" unit.   From the
exploded diagram (H819Y-IS001) I see I need the following:

(1)    H19405 PCB ASSY
    (2)    H19407 DRIVE SHAFT ASSY
    (1)    H19406 MOTOR ASSY

My question concerns the GEAR BOX ASSY which is listed as H19404 for both  the
"Powered" and "Dummy" units yet in the exploded views only the "Powered" unit
shows the GEAR BOX ASSY as having gears within.

Are the GEAR BOX ASSY interchangeable between the "Power"ed and "Dummy" units? 
If not  then what is the correct assembly number for the "Power"ed GEAR BOX
ASSY?

Thank you in advance

>>> end

EMail reply acceptable to jdw3rd<at>COX<dot>Net

the Bach-man

Dear JD,
I believe they are the same. I'll see if I can get definitive information.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

jdw3rd

Thanks Bach-Man

I guess I can crack both my A & B units open and see for myself......

jdw3rd

I EMailed Parts@BachmannTrains.Com concerning this and their response was that I should contact Bachmanns Technical department.....    Can anyone provide an EMail address into the BACHMANN Technical Department - where they'd know the internals..?

Bucksco

Call Bachmann direct at (215) 533-1600 and ask for the service manager.

Brian1975

I have an acela train as well I have DCC &sound in my powerd loco... I have no plan's on powering my dummy unit because my acela works well on my layout now... I was wondering your thoughts why you want to power up your dummy loco....