News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Led lights

Started by dankoesterman, March 15, 2013, 12:36:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dankoesterman

Hello, are the front and back lights in the Bachmann GP38-2 Led?

Thanks Dan

on30gn15

Might depend on whether loco is DC or DCC.
On the couple of new production locos acquired last few months, DCC ones have LED, non-DCC have regular bulbs.
When all esle fials, go run trains
Screw the Rivets, I'm building for Atmosphere!
later, Forrest

dankoesterman

This is a new non dcc, I am converting it to dcc with sound.

Thanks

Dan

bapguy

It the head lights look orangish, they are LED's. I bought a GP7 and replaced the LED's with white ones. The ones Bachmann uses are orange. Joe

GG1onFordsDTandI

Another way to tell is glass bulb vs plastic led. Not that bab is wrong in any way. But to a novice, low voltage could cause a glass bulb filament to appear "orangish".

Doneldon

bap and GG-

Bachmann uses warm white LEDs so they look more like the warm light from incandescent bulbs. They appear too dim to many people but I personally prefer them to the bright bluish tint of some LEDs.
                                                                                             -- D

GG1onFordsDTandI

Quote from: Doneldon on March 16, 2013, 02:20:16 AM
Bachmann uses warm white LEDs so they look more like the warm light from incandescent bulbs. They appear too dim to many people but I personally prefer them to the bright bluish tint of some LEDs.       -- D
Great point Don, If replacing, research into the mfg.'s "white" led's. Blue light content in "white" led's differs and picking the easiest to access, or the cheapest may leave you feeling "blue".