Programming Bachmann Turntables

Started by pilotdb18, April 08, 2013, 10:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pilotdb18

I just purchased a motorized Bachmann Turntable and am unable to program it to run with my MRC Prodigy DCC System. Can anyone help me with a step by step list of how to do it?

I did replace the decoder that came with the turntable with a DCC capable decoder.  I do have the wire connected to the turntable. I do have the turntable connected to the layout with power in the rails.

I have tried programming it several times without success.  Frustration is setting in.

I called MRC and the Hobby store I purchased it from and neither one of them are able to help me.  There has to be someone out there that knows the answer.  HELP---PLEASE!

I

the Bach-man

Dear Pilot,
Simply consider your turntable to be a locomotive.  Say the address is "8".  Go to address 8 and the throttle will turn the bridge; the direction arrows control the direction.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

pilotdb18

Thanks for the reply, but I wish it were that easy.  I tried several times doing the following with no success.

PROGRAM--Prog Track---ENTER
PROGRAM-Main Track---ENTER
Using the ACCY (Accessory) button
Address 3
It asks for 1 or 2
1 is ON
2 is OFF
I tried both and then turned the speed knob, but nothing happened.
I really need a step by step list of what to do.  I feel like an idiot that I can't get this thing to work.