A couple of short vids for all you trainiacs out there.

Started by Balrog21, March 15, 2013, 06:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balrog21

Just a couple of vids taken about 3 blocks from my house. Our old abandoned Illinois Central train yard in McComb, MS. The first vid shows just a little of train yard and the second shows our static steam locomotive display we have at our IC historical museum. Enjoy!
Best,
Bal

http://youtu.be/QCnEGfP_slw

http://youtu.be/Sizbrm42SMs

Jerrys HO

Great shots Bal. your taking all the surprise out of my visit though.

Balrog21

Balrog21

Here's a quick vid on the inside of the musuem. Ok, Jerry don't watch this one so it won't spoil your visit up here! =)
Enjoy!
Bal

http://youtu.be/qJtREjZATG0

GG1onFordsDTandI

In the showcase photos about 14 seconds in. What can you tell me about the flat faced "whatever". I love researching anything oddball or ugly. The "Eagle calender" is very cool too. Anyone ever produce it in scale. It would make a killer custom. Cant think of a bicentennial I like more, and I do like bicentennials. Reminds me of the sharkfaced WWII fighters. Wish I would have seen that engine when it was like that.     

M1FredQ

Balrog

That was very kind of you to take the time to get in the museam and film it and share it

with the rest of us on this forum. I can tell a lot of work went into the restoration and

development of that train station and museam. The collection is priceless!!!

Everyone did a First Class job who was part of that restoration!!  Thanks for the

personalized tour!!!!!!!!!!!

Balrog21

Anytime! Hopefully you will get down here to see it first hand!

Balrog21

GG1, I will go down and find out what I can for you..it probably is a custom made job would by my guess..i think i did see one of the eagles done in HO. I'll look around for that one as well and see what I can dig up.
B

GG1onFordsDTandI

Quote from: Balrog21 on March 20, 2013, 12:58:05 AM
GG1, I will go down and find out what I can for you..it probably is a custom made job would by my guess..i think i did see one of the eagles done in HO. I'll look around for that one as well and see what I can dig up.
B
good evenig, no hurry thanks
I saw something very similar once, a trolley (Harris?), I think yours maybe a track inspection, or worker, small cargo delively. The Eagle hunt will keep me busy for a while

GG1onFordsDTandI

Quote from: Balrog21 on March 20, 2013, 12:58:05 AM
GG1, I will go down and find out what I can for you..it probably is a custom made job would by my guess..i think i did see one of the eagles done in HO. I'll look around for that one as well and see what I can dig up.B
I found Athearns made a ICG bicentennial #1776 H0 GP38-2, discontinued. But Microscale Industries makes the black outlines in decal kit form, for N and HO each under $10, The red, yellow, blue fields gets fill decal or paint, the edge decals bring out the detail. Im searching for O now. (no luck in O :'()

Balrog21

ah...well, if you want to be savy you can get the ho scale decals and then go scan them up to size and then print them out on a new sheet of laser printer decal sheet. ta daaaaa problem solved! =) any print shop should be able to do this for you or help you at least.

Balrog21

Come to find out one my other IC friends has this Athearn engine! thought you would like the pic! I'm told they make an appearance on ebay all the time.
Best,
Bal

GG1onFordsDTandI

I'll probably go the print route as I only have a small hoop of ho intended for eventual "narrow gauge line". 
Thanks for the efforts, thank your sidekick for the torture..i mean photo.(Im jealous)
Let me know if you find out about that other "thing" from the showcase the next time you make it inside the museum.

Jerrys HO

GG

If you are talking about that piece of metal at the bottom of the shelf it appears to be some kind of spike as there are two little ones with it. Either that are a piece of a tool to remove spikes.

Jerry

M1FredQ

Balrog

Those logs piled up on the flatcar next to the engine, did you cut those yourself??