A couple of short vids for all you trainiacs out there.

Started by Balrog21, March 15, 2013, 06:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balrog21

No, I did not, but I will ask Trent if he did or not and if he did I will ask what he used for the lumber.

GG1onFordsDTandI

Quote from: Jerrys HO on March 20, 2013, 06:34:25 PM
GG
If you are talking about that piece of metal at the bottom of the shelf it appears to be some kind of spike as there are two little ones with it. Either that are a piece of a tool to remove spikes.
Jerry
No, I meant the photo of the "inspection car","mini-doodlebug", or "whatever" it is in the showcase on a shelf 14 seconds or so into the museum interior video. Who's the maker, road name, number etc.

Balrog21

another short vid I took this morning...filling up the cars with some good ole dog food! =)
http://youtu.be/CMbpKC-dLl0
Enjoy!
Bal

GG1onFordsDTandI

Quote from: Balrog21 on March 28, 2013, 04:04:53 PM
another short vid I took this morning...filling up the cars with some good ole dog food! =)
http://youtu.be/CMbpKC-dLl0
Enjoy!
Bal
I know someone who moved south and is now quality control for Purena. He would not be involved if they weren't striving to always be safe. Says they are best he's dealt with and will eat a few kibbles to back it up :o. Funny, otherwise this guy is easily grossed out, a very fussy eater too. ;D Those hoppers must be quite a piece of work. Stainless? Alum? Even the outside of 'um looks pretty good. Reminds me of all the brushed/unpainted ore gondolas and new Autoloaders with shiny clean doors all along the southern Detroit River to Erie before most of the steel production stopped and auto production outsourced parts then slowed. Miles of it on long aux sidings. Man that stuff was impressive even "parked". Especially when very new, the glare could be sometimes be vicious. 

M1FredQ

Balrog

You have the beginnings of an anthology with all this filming keep it up.

i used to stop over in macomb when i was part of a travel Medical Team.

Some nice restaurants also one of the best Sweet and Sour soups I ever had at one of

the Chinese Restaurants!!

Balrog21

You must be talking about the one by the mall? It is the best I've ever had. =)

Balrog21

Well, I saw the first intermodal train pass through here on Saturday afternoon...a long one..and at the end was 8 autorack cars as well...very weird indeed....also, the town above us, Brookhaven is getting a CN car shop sometime late this year and also, they are doing a heavy amount of clearing at our old train yard....makes me wonder..me and the little one went down there this Sunday and walked around...they had two spike cars parked on one of the old sidings.....so..something must be up...and I will get to the bottom of it! Also, after the big clearing I saw an old old building left from the orignal operations. I will try and sneak over there and take some video of it.
B