I need steam locomotive drivers from either a 2-4-2 or 2-6-0

Started by ryeguyisme, March 16, 2013, 12:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryeguyisme

I have a project Steam locomotive  I'm working on involving a Trumpeter BR-52 that I'm trying to make engine have actual moving drivers and made for G gauge track( it is 1/35 scale but I'm not trying to be a rivet counter, I already have freight cars of that scale gauged out to match)

so I need a set of 5 locomotive drivers that are an 1inch and a half or an inch and 5/8 in diameter

and if memory serves correctly the bachmann columbia 2-4-2 or the mining 2-6-0 had about that size.

Anyone here know where I can get just the locomotive drivers without buying the whole engine? Or have a few spares in their junk drawer? Or perhaps an alternative means of getting driver?

Thanks

Rye Guy

dgtrrco

Hi! Rfght now Sat 3/23 there is a 2-4-2 on ebay at the bid price of $89. Try bidding on it and if you win get your drivers and resell whats left for parts. I ususally do this if bachmann doesnt have the parts I need. But congrats to bachmann they are constantly adding parts to their site. Those engines are hard to come by specially the parts. GOOD LUCK Gene