News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Decoder replacement for 2-6-6-2

Started by tmiller, March 16, 2013, 05:51:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmiller

John,

Tried the adapter upside down. Still dead in the water. I am going to purchase a Soundtraxx decoder and then should be up and running.

On another issue, do you know where I might get an exploded view of this engine?

Somehow my friend had the front truck off the engine, and lost the spring underneath. He replaced the spring with what he thought was the right size. Turns out it is not stiff enough to keep the truck tight. All it takes is a slight turn of the engine and the front truck derails. So I need an original spring.

Any ideas?

Thanks for all the advice on the decoder issue.

Ted
See you down the tracks!

richg

Quote from: tmiller on March 18, 2013, 10:53:27 AM
John,

Tried the adapter upside down. Still dead in the water. I am going to purchase a Soundtraxx decoder and then should be up and running.

On another issue, do you know where I might get an exploded view of this engine?

Somehow my friend had the front truck off the engine, and lost the spring underneath. He replaced the spring with what he thought was the right size. Turns out it is not stiff enough to keep the truck tight. All it takes is a slight turn of the engine and the front truck derails. So I need an original spring.

Any ideas?

Thanks for all the advice on the decoder issue.

Ted

Right here in the Bachmann Parts, Service and Information page.  HO C&O 2-6-6-2 ARTICULATED

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/dwgs/H848Y-IS001.pdfhttp://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/dwgs/H848Y-IS001.pdf

You really need to move outside this forum and check out the complete Bachmann site.

Rich

tmiller

Thanks John. Had to hunt around but found the drawing and others. Learn something new everyday. I did find the part, so will get it ordered.

Thanks for all your help!!!

Ted
See you down the tracks!

West Bound

There isn't a spring under the lead truck on the 2 that
I have. The weight of the truck keeps it on the track. I haven't had any derailment issues. Try removing the spring and see how it works or add a little more weight to the truck. By the way it was Rich that sent the last help.  -  john