News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Another Heisler question

Started by rdftrain, March 18, 2013, 11:24:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdftrain

All of the previous geared locomotives (Shay, Climax) have the coupler pocket drilled and a pin supplied so that it is easy to change the coupler height (On3), Why not the Heisler?

J R Barnes

??? Good question, I was looking at mine and wonder the same thing.  Guess you could drill through the box and put a piece of wire in. Also my backup wire is too short to easily push on the led pins. Anyone else have this problem and what did you do?
Jerry Barnes
Conductor-Fireman (Retired)
Grapevine Vintage Railroad

vttrainguy

OK, here's a question for those of you who have the Heisler,
     Mine came with 3 pairs of optional headlights...great !!!
When I changed the originals out, one of the pair I used had a distinctly different, warmer, "golden glow" appearance. Very nice!! I tested the others and 3 of the 4 also had this appearance. Has anyone else noticed this and could it be that Mr B is making a change mid run ?
  I would certainly hope so ! I put one of the other pairs on one of my Climax locos, what a great improvement in appearance!

Rick G in NH

J R Barnes

No, but will put them all in my test fixture and see what they look like.
Jerry Barnes

J R Barnes

Put all my lights in my fixture, it has two sockets mounted side by side, and all look the same except the one that came mounted on the engine which is much yellower, softer, than the others.  Like it much better...............................Jerry
Jerry Barnes

rdftrain

I drilled it, the metal was much easier to drill than I expected. I used a #75 drill(.021") in a pin vise. The coupler is secured with .020 wire. Works great