News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

GP38-2 no lights

Started by dankoesterman, March 19, 2013, 02:14:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dankoesterman

I have a new EMD GP38-2 DC, (blue box item 61712)  I removed the pcb13 board and wired in a athrean dcc ready board with a quick plug, i pluged in a decoder and the engine runs fine forward and backwards, the problem is the lights will not work in either derection, i checked the lights and they are not burnt out , they light up using another power source, they are not LED.

Thanks DAn\\an

bapguy

Athearn uses 1.5 Volt bulbs. If you wired in the old bulbs, they are 12  Volt and won't light. Check the voltage out put  to the lights and it will be 1.5 Volts. You need to use 1.5 Volt bulbs. Miniantronics makes them.  Joe

dankoesterman

Thanks joe, I will try that.

Dan

dankoesterman

wired in 1.5 volt lights and still no joy, very confused, a nother ? are the four wire hookup pads on the opposite side of the motor hookup for speakers????

Thanks

bapguy

No. The Athearn board was for adding a DCC decoder to. Do you have a part # for the Athearn board? Also is F0 on? This controlls the light function. Joe.

dankoesterman

Part # for the board is 90616 and yes F0 is on.

bapguy

Did you plug in the decoder to the 8 pin plug? If so, you need to remove the dummy plug attached to the 9 pin plug. This is the only thing I can think of other than measuring the voltage at the out puts on the board. Joe.