News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Thomas & Friends in 2014

Started by seanrail, March 21, 2013, 12:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cirkit:)

Sodor Perfection' is right. It's a bit early to start thinking up ideas for more engines/accessories in the range just yet, don't you think? I mean, Duck and the Twins haven't come out yet. I'd like to see what people think of them before we think of any more to add.

Having said that, I think, because of the newer characters being released, The Iron twins and Jeremy here, I think we'll see someone from one of the newer series join the range soon. Not sure of who that would be, but a newer character definitely.

If not, then I see Oliver and Toad coming to the range. Oliver being a classic character, and the last of the numbered engines( aside Harvey, Belle, and the newer engines..), and Toad being the companion that would be bought up quick by everyone who wants to own the 'Western Pair' together. That and they have the moulding for his prototype, that shouldn't be too hard to make.

I'm not sure if I see BoCo or Daisy any time soon, but the former I'd like a lot.

We'd most likely get a new truck or van after TT#4, maybe one would be returned to production? Like that blue van.

Everyone else's LS ideas seem alright to me. I see Diesel or Eddie coming up next myself, if the range continues to sell well.

Annd... that's it, really.

Chaz

Quote from: Sodor Perfection on March 23, 2013, 03:49:10 PM
Are we really doing this?

I sort of thought we'd agreed to leave the predictions until much later in the year.

We never "agreed" on anything.  If you don't agree with what someone is saying or doing, please keep that opinion to yourself.  People post what they would like to see all the time it's not unusual at all.  There's nothing wrong with it.  Plus, in all honesty, not one user should EVER be in the place to criticize someone for posting a list of what they want to see in the future.  
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Sodor Perfection

Calm yourself, I was just saying.

therailwayinspector

Bear in mind that decisions for next years range are being or have been decided by now, so it's good to post suggestions/predictions early. (Some decisions can take a number of years to be finalised.)

Personally, next year my predictions are as follows:

HO:

Oliver
OR
Stanley
OR
Rosie

Red Coaches
AND/OR
Toad

LS
Edward
Henrietta

I really wouldn't hope for too much, but if they made those I'd be happy.

What I WANT next year:

HO
Oliver
Stepney

Red Coaches
Toad

LS
Edward
Henrietta
(I don't collect LS, but if I did that's what I'd be wishing for.)
Steam, Diesel? It's All The Same.
Creator Of Thomas The Model Adventures

TrainFan97

BoCo is one that I would want to see in HO scale. I know Bachmann is capable of designing wheel-trucks like what BoCo has. To give him an eye mechanism, can he be all-wheel-drive while both trucks can swivel? Sure, he hasn't been on the show for so long. But he was a great classic character. At least he'd be another diesel for the range.

If Bachmann made BoCo, people can do remakes of The Diseasel, Wrong Road, Edward's Exploit, Thomas and the Special Letter, One Good Turn, etc.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

TrainFan97

Out of all these, which one do YOU think Bachmann could announce next year?:

•Daisy
•BoCo
•Oliver
•Stepney
•Arthur
•Murdoch

If Bachmann were to make Daisy, since her buffer beam is really low, she may not be able to have a front coupler, but hopefully, at least a rear coupler, so you can couple her to a milk tanker.

If Bachmann were to make Murdoch, in order to get around turns as well as everyone else, the 2 wheels in the very middle of his 10 driving wheels would have to be flangeless.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

SodorAdventures

Quote from: TrainFan97 on April 06, 2013, 06:08:12 PM
Out of all these, which one do YOU think Bachmann could announce next year?:

•Daisy Possibly, but not a big character nowadays.
•BoCo    Same as Above, but I feel BoCo has a better chance than Daisy.
•Oliver    Yes, prooably the most chance.
•Stepney   Second best chance.
•Arthur      Too complicated (engine, and drive wheel)
•Murdoch    Maybe, but too big.

Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

Shawn

Why do we even have a thread like this?  We exausted this topic 4 years ago...

jettrainfan

Fresh crews Shawn, fresh crews. They want a bit of the action that we've seen in the last 4 years. Its only fair, sense they're late to the party I guess  ;) (and wow its been a short 4 years at that)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

SodorAdventures

Ha, late to the party! I was earlier than You! Lol. I was just giving my opinion, no need to jeer.
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

Shawn

Quote from: jettrainfan on April 06, 2013, 10:13:21 PM
Fresh crews Shawn, fresh crews. They want a bit of the action that we've seen in the last 4 years. Its only fair, sense they're late to the party I guess  ;) (and wow its been a short 4 years at that)
I know!  Hero of the Rails is 4 years old in the fall.

Fergusfan17

What do people think of fergus being made?

mrrailroad

that would be cool and I think it would be easy to find that kind of model

What do you think about Harvey being made
my website for all garden train fans
http://gardentrains.webs.com/

my website for all model trains
http://usamodeltrains.webs.com/

Fergusfan17

Chaz

Quote from: mrrailroad on April 10, 2013, 07:01:53 PM

What do you think about Harvey being made
Quote from: Fergusfan17 on April 10, 2013, 07:25:03 PM
Has already been made.

Bachmann has never announced or made Harvey.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.