News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Thomas & Friends in 2014

Started by seanrail, March 21, 2013, 12:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrainFan97

My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Zorran202

As small as a narrow gauge engine.

Chaz

Well yeah, Winston is small, but again so are highrailers in general when you compare them to trains.  So a Bachmann Winston being small is a given, hence why I said I don't see one having moving eyes just because he'd be that small.

Again, the idea of a Bachmann Winston doesn't sound all that unusual to me just because Bachmann have made similar vehicles before outside of Thomas. :)
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Zorran202

Though I wouldn't see him being made until at least a couple of years later. After all, he was recently introduced, so kids wouldn't have any familiarization with him just yet, but the idea of having him in the range is quite interesting indeed.

TobyTheTram16

I wouldn't mind Charlie being made, SkarloeyFan01 made him out of a Hornby LBSCR Class A1 Terrier, it turned out preaty good.

Mulfred

Just purely.based on fact they already have.a model.to work from I.can see Paxton being made. I honesty hope they hold off for few years but I can see it lol. I want Oliver for 2014 toad, ls Henrietta but this very moment I'm happy duck is here

PaulGWR

I would like to see

Engines:
Oliver
Paxton
Winston
Staford?
Bear?

Rolling stock:
Red coaches
Express coaches
Ventilated van
Giggling troublesome truck
Spiteful brakevan(that can collapse)

Non-rail:
Sir Topham Hatt's car
Trevor
Bulgy

Buildings:
Steam works
Diesel works
Knapford station expansion pack

LS
Edward

I do doubt that all of this would be made in one year and maybe some not at all but gradually would make sense.

PS: if Oliver and toad are announced, what if they could be sold together? ;D

Chaz

Bear won't be made though due to only being a RWS character.  A collapsing brake van won't happen either, but admittedly the idea of the spiteful brake van being made would be a nice easy move for Bachmann to make.  If they were to make it though, it would be in one piece.  Don't know about the steamworks or dieselworks happening either.

Regardless, I really like the lineup, I'm glad I'm not the only one who wouldn't mind seeing Bachmann make Winston!  I imagine if they did Oliver and Toad they would be sold separately... However if they were announced I won't dismiss the idea of them being in a train set together with other rolling stock. :)

DinoNTrains

I hope that Oliver and Toad will be made and released next year (and I'm sure everyone else does, too), but we'll have to wait and see.
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

PaulGWR

I thought the idea of a collapsable brakevan would be interesting, but it would be too expensive to produce ( I based the idea on a lionel item i bought at a show that also collapses), I agree with you ModelTrainFan538 that winston would be a great model to produce, and the addition of toad would make add another brakevan to the range ;D, I'm also surprised that nobody suggested stafford at all, but who knows?

Fergusfan17

Chaz

Quote from: sodorfan on August 15, 2013, 10:12:55 PM
I'm also surprised that nobody suggested stafford at all, but who knows?

I don't think a Stafford model will sell that well, when compared to Winston.  Stafford doesn't really have any character development going for him.  I find his personality to be pretty dull and his episodes aren't exactly memorable.  Realistically I don't think it will happen anytime soon, but if he continues to appear regularly for another season or two, then I'd expect him to be a more likely candidate. 

I wouldn't mind seeing him personally, I'd rather see him over the logging locos, Belle, or Rosie for that matter.  But there are a lot more characters that I feel are a much higher priority.

PaulGWR

Yeah, I would seem stafford wouldn't sell that well, that's why I put a question mark next to his name as well as bear's. but I agree with Winston and Rosie being introduced, they have plenty of character and haven't been made commercially as scale models yet, and as you mentioned earlier, it gives us...A SCALE SIR TOPHAM HATT!!! ;D

Zorran202

If Fergus were to be made, Bachmann would have a complicated time trying to insert the moving eye mechanisms into him, seeing that he's narrow in size compared to the other tank engines in the range. Now unless if they make him as an exception (kind of like Winston), probably no guarantee that they'll make him, but seeing that Jeremy is scheduled to come next year, we'll see for sure.

And for characters like Winston or Rosie, I prefer them being released at a later time, seeing that there are other characters that have yet to be made from the classic series. Don't get me wrong, I wish they're released, but again, seeing that Winston was released only a year ago, so kids wouldn't have a full liking to him just yet.

Cheeky_ULP

I don't see Rosie happening any time soon, mainly because there's more popular engines waiting to be made such as Oliver. To add, Bachmann hasn't even branched outside of Season 1-7 engines yet, so I could see Stepney and BoCo being made before Rosie. Who knows, with Duck, Bill and Bens return in Season 17, they could be due soon in Season 18. If Bachmann does branch outside of Season 1-7, I could see Hiro, Charlie, and Paxton made before Rosie, since all of them have had more roles than Rosie, whose only starred in two episodes.

Either way, I'm betting on a "Speed and Sound Percy" in 2014.