Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Thomas & Friends in 2014

Started by seanrail, March 21, 2013, 12:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaz

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on January 08, 2014, 05:13:08 PM
For HO:

A LS Edward and perhaps Henrietta to go along with Toby seems possible to me.

Just these five alone would make a perfect lineup this year for me!  No more or less then that. :)
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

shining time

Quote from: Chaz on January 08, 2014, 08:03:13 PM
For HO:

Just these five alone would make a perfect lineup this year for me!  No more or less then that. :)

same here i would greatly appreciate these five
long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways

thomasfreak5

Quote from: shining time on January 09, 2014, 08:27:17 AM
Quote from: Chaz on January 08, 2014, 08:03:13 PM
For HO:

same here i would greatly appreciate these five

Same. I wouldnt complain. My wallet would, but I wouldnt ;P
" You never see my paint dirty "
                                          - James

Fergusfan17

Will the return of Oliver have any impact on this? Like better chance?

Zorran202

Seeing that he returned in CGI, his chances are pretty high, alongside Toad if that happened for sure! :D

Chaz

I had a feeling someone would post something like this once Oliver was revealed into CGI, so here are my thoughts.  

If Oliver were to be announced this year I think his recent return may not have as much of an effect on whether or not a model of him will be made or not.  He was already the most probable addition to join the range next, as speculated by most fans.  Some argued that appearance could be a factor with why Oliver won't happen, but it looks like the joke is on them on that one. :)  However, on a much more serious note I don't think it plays as much of a role, I think if the character has the right demand and potential they'd happen for that very reason.  I still have no doubt we will see him and Toad sooner or later in the range at this point.  

Now if someone like Stepney, who gets occasional demand but hasn't had a major role since the fifth season were to return in the CGI series, then I would say Stepney's chances have skyrocketed.  

There is one more thing I would like to put on the table speaking of their return.  If they do announce Oliver and Toad, I think that we will see them made based off their CGI form.  As much as I prefer the model forms of both of these characters, I have a feeling that we will see them appear as they would in their new current form in the show.  Personally I don't think it's a bad thing, since the only flaws I'd have with that would be the black footplate on Oliver and the new faces.  

However, I wouldn't give up on them just yet, perhaps production has already started on these two (if they really are happening), and maybe we will have them out by the end of this year in their classic form.  Who knows.  Either way, whether they happen or not, I would honestly be grateful just to have models of these characters in the first place since Bachmann goes through a lot to make these models for us which I think admirable enough for Bachmann as a business for listening to their fanbase on numerous occasions, as indicated by previous announcements. 

PasqualeCS96

Quote from: Chaz on January 11, 2014, 02:06:04 PM
I had a feeling someone would post something like this once Oliver was revealed into CGI, so here are my thoughts. 

If Oliver were to be announced this year I think his recent return may not have as much of an effect on whether or not a model of him will be made or not.  He was already the most probable addition to join the range next, as speculated by most fans.  Some argued that appearance could be a factor with why Oliver won't happen, but it looks like the joke is on them on that one. :)  However, on a much more serious note I don't think it plays as much of a role, I think if the character has the right demand and potential they'd happen for that very reason.  I still have no doubt we will see him and Toad sooner or later in the range at this point. 

Now if someone like Stepney, who gets occasional demand but hasn't had a major role since the fifth season were to return in the CGI series, then I would say Stepney's chances have skyrocketed. 

There is one more thing I would like to put on the table speaking of their return.  If they do announce Oliver and Toad, I think that we will see them made based off their CGI form.  As much as I prefer the model forms of both of these characters, I have a feeling that we will see them appear as they would in their new current form in the show.  Personally I don't think it's a bad thing, since the only flaws I'd have with that would be the black footplate on Oliver and the new faces. 

However, I wouldn't give up on them just yet, perhaps production has already started on these two (if they really are happening), and maybe we will have them out by the end of this year in their classic form.  Who knows.  Either way, whether they happen or not, I would honestly be grateful just to have models of these characters in the first place since Bachmann goes through a lot to make these models for us which I think admirable enough for Bachmann as a business for listening to their fanbase on numerous occasions, as indicated by previous announcements. 

I must say CGI Oliver likes great from the given picture. If Oliver is made, I actually doubt he will have a CGI face considering what we have seen with Duck, Donald, Douglas, Bill, and Ben who all did have CGI faces in season 12 but were not given to by Bachmann. Same goes for a black footplate on Oliver if Bachman made him since Duck's is black in the show but white on the model. I know we can't see Oliver's face at the moment with this picture but I'll assume it will look like it did back in season 12.

Elmobro

I think it is a good prediction. I think they should make for ho scale: flying scotsman with 2 tenders in a set with 3 coaches, Oliver and toad in a set with S.C. Ruffey and troublesome trucks, bluebell, stepney, blue bill & Ben cgi, Paxton, boco, diesel 261, D199, splodge, diesel 10, lady, Dennis, billy, Charlie, victor, kevin, green arrow, Trevor, Horrid lorries, fergus, Neville, hector, den and dart, scruff, Derek and rickety and Fred pelhay.

LS: Edward, Henry and the flying kipper, Gordon and express coaches and Fred and rickety.

Emergency HO scale: rocky, belle, Flynn and butch (cgi version)

IMO

Chaz

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on January 11, 2014, 08:14:23 PM

I must say CGI Oliver likes great from the given picture. If Oliver is made, I actually doubt he will have a CGI face considering what we have seen with Duck, Donald, Douglas, Bill, and Ben who all did have CGI faces in season 12 but were not given to by Bachmann. Same goes for a black footplate on Oliver if Bachman made him since Duck's is black in the show but white on the model. I know we can't see Oliver's face at the moment with this picture but I'll assume it will look like it did back in season 12.

Well again, who knows, it is something I would love to be proven wrong on since I would prefer the model version of the character myself.  Though the white footplates are usually something Bachmann have been pretty good about taking care of when it comes to making models so I am not as concerned over that personally.  The lamp would be a nice addition, I personally wouldn't mind the lamp as I could add a light to the model to flash on when the model runs.  I've done that with extra Thomas, James, Percy, and Toby models I have and the result was very satisfying. :)

PasqualeCS96

One thing is for sure though, Bachmann will not disappoint us.  :)

Zorran202

Quote from: Chaz on January 17, 2014, 02:29:05 AM
Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on January 11, 2014, 08:14:23 PM

Well again, who knows, it is something I would love to be proven wrong on since I would prefer the model version of the character myself.  Though the white footplates are usually something Bachmann have been pretty good about taking care of when it comes to making models so I am not as concerned over that personally.  The lamp would be a nice addition, I personally wouldn't mind the lamp as I could add a light to the model to flash on when the model runs.  I've done that with extra Thomas, James, Percy, and Toby models I have and the result was very satisfying. :)

Besides, with Oliver returning in Tale of the Brave, I highly doubt they'd give him a CGI face just yet seeing that we haven't even seen him since Season 12, just like with what they did with Duck last year. This'll be very interesting for sure if they do indeed choose Oliver (+ Toad, since it'll be a nice addition, and easy to make). On top of that, if they did release them both, I can smell some remakes on YouTube eventually, especially with S.C.Ruffey kekeke XD

JLK2707

This is what I would like to see for 2014:

Engines:

1. Oliver
2. Boco
3. Daisy
4. Diesel 10
5. Paxton
6. Sidney
7. The Diesel Class 40
8. Arthur

Rolling Stock

1. Toad (if Oliver is mentioned)
2. The Red Branch Line Coaches
3. Reintroduced Tar Wagon
4. Troublesome Truck 5
5. Reintroduced Well Wagon
6. Reintroduced Salt Wagon
7. Reintroduced Cattle Wagon
8. Reintroduced 6 Ton Container Wagon
9. Flat car with paint drums
10. Reintroduced Gordon's Composite Coach
11. Reintroduced Gordon's Brake Coach
12. Reintroduced R F Wagon
13. CGI Milk Tanker
14. CGI Sodor Fuel Tanker
15. Troublesome Truck 6
16. Scrap Wagons
17. Season 1 Troublesome Truck

Large Scale:

Engines:

1. Edward

Rolling Stock:

1. Henrietta
2. Salt Wagon
3. Ventilated Van
4. Cream Tanker
5. Red Open Wagon
6. Cattle Wagon
7. Troublesome Truck 3
8. Troublesome Truck 4

Rollin Mayham

You know I just read the first post and I heard sodor steam works ummmm yeah the thing is that if you really want that my suggestion is you build it your self because it would be a whole lot cheaper then waiting for a set from Bachmann even if they did make it(highly doubtful of that) they would more or less put it on the market for a good I don't know Maybe about 400 dollars in American dollars so quite literally you could build the whole thing from scratch. I know you are probably wondering why I say 400 is because the huge sliding thing (don't know what it is called) and the small turntable inside and if they do it they would have to make victor then here comes Narrow gauge thomas and Friends that is why they would not build it or if they did 400 easy. If anybody disagrees with me let me know please I would like to know

tfw101

bachmann should make bachmann thomas & friends model, Diesel-10 splatter, dodge, paxon, sydney, & a few others i can't think of yet. :)

tfw101

This is what I want for Bachmann Thomas & friends HO models for 2014-2015

Locomotives:
Oliver
Rosie
Whiff
Stanley
Victor
Hiro
NON-CGI Diesel-10 (With Movible Claw)
Splatter
Dodge