News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Thomas & Friends in 2014

Started by seanrail, March 21, 2013, 12:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zorran202

Quote from: Rollin Mayham on January 24, 2014, 12:04:22 AM
You know I just read the first post and I heard sodor steam works ummmm yeah the thing is that if you really want that my suggestion is you build it your self because it would be a whole lot cheaper then waiting for a set from Bachmann even if they did make it(highly doubtful of that) they would more or less put it on the market for a good I don't know Maybe about 400 dollars in American dollars so quite literally you could build the whole thing from scratch. I know you are probably wondering why I say 400 is because the huge sliding thing (don't know what it is called) and the small turntable inside and if they do it they would have to make victor then here comes Narrow gauge thomas and Friends that is why they would not build it or if they did 400 easy. If anybody disagrees with me let me know please I would like to know
That "sliding thing" is called a transfer table, at least if you're referring to the thing outside the Steamworks with the dual-gauge tracks.

Now then, back to the topic on hand: I can see Oliver, but not the other characters. Why? Well for starters, let's start with Victor. He's narrow gauge, and Bachmann never make the narrow gauge engines since it would end up having to rescale the models a tad higher than, say N scale for example, originally was. Then for Diesel 10, do you think Bachmann would make a character that has to have an extra expensive addition? Just that alone could be expensive than what an average model would normally cost. Splatter and Dodge only showed up in the movie, which doesn't exactly make them that popular seeing that they barely had much personality outside of being "Tweedledee and Tweedledum." The rest of the engines barely had any screen time, which is really sad seeing that they have great potential, but is wasted as years pass by (with Rosie having so much cameo appearances back in Season 17, and that's it....). Plus they'd obviously have to get through all of the other characters first that showed up in Seasons 2-7, seeing that the newest characters Bachmann made went up to Salty, Emily, and Spencer (Seasons 6 to 7 respectively), not to mention that's what the nostalgic fans would want as well (like BoCo or Oliver. I want to see them too!). And in order for the characters that were mentioned to be even released they'd have to be A: released a few years later after the other characters were completed (finish up the classic characters so that they can then focus on the next generation of characters) or B: they'd have to show up enough to warrant a release (as in not just show up in the background all season, like Hiro in S16, Stanley in S14 & S16 or Rosie in S17). I'm not saying they won't be released, but at least when time passes on, they'll become iconic when they have a strong enough footing to be recognized by the public, as if they were on par with RWS characters.

Btw, is it just me or have we gotten some confirmation about a certain release of the Ironworks Twins (even with a pic of Jeremy, as well as a few locations/buildings on Sodor)?

http://www.virtualpressoffice.com/detail.do?contentId=1483379&showId=3045