News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

I bought my first Spectrum engine today

Started by ryeguyisme, March 20, 2013, 08:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryeguyisme

I have to say, for someone who stopped doing N scale because of how flimsy engines can be, I just  a 2-6-6-2 in the mail today and test ran it, and I was completely sold on its perfomance, nice smooth running, and quiet too.

I  had the older bachmann stuff like the 0-4-0, the old 2-8-0 and the 0-6-0 it was really saddening when they finally crapped out on me :/ But after 10 years of absence from N scale, I think I'm ready to come back.

I will say this engine is going to be kitbashed into a D&RGW locomotive, I can't say one just yet because it's a secret project in development now, but I'll definitely be sure to post it all when it comes out!

I'm also looking forward to buying the 2-6-0's and 2-8-0's

Roget

I have 2 of the 2-6-6-6s & they both are good runners.

I think you will also like the 2-8-0 & the 2-6-0. (especially the 2-8-0)

There are some other Brands out there also that are very good.

Mike C

I also have one of the 2-6-6-2 locos.They are great running locos,although the pulling power isn't the greatest. If you're looking for other good N scale locos, the best place to find out which ones are the best is www.spookshow.net . He has a review of EVERY N scale loco ever made, and a good honest review of each of them.

ryeguyisme

I used spookshow back then, but I was 14 and couldn't afford anything I wanted like spectrum steamers were out of reach, but wiuth age came  the ability to actually earn money

I want a D&RGW 4-8-2 by spectrum , maybe two  of them and make them close to a M-78 or M-75 as best as I could,  too bad the eccentric is on the second set of drive wheels but I don't mind I guess it looks a chunky enough of an engine to me :D