News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

bachmann norfolk & western class J

Started by jerry20, August 20, 2007, 03:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerry20

Thank you for your input skagitcom, I've been wondreing about bachmann's service,and how they handle replacements if they deem it necessary.  I'm in the ag segment of the population, and the corn fields have been calling, so the "J" has been on hold for a while.  I plan to get back on it soon and try the super glue approach.  Any other suggestions will be appreaciated.
                                                                                       Jerry

skagitcom

Jerry
You are welcome.
I would hate for anyone to go through the nightmare of waiting for months then having to call and pay another 40.00 to get a replacement for a "lifetime warrantee".
They are either too busy with the few people they have working, or figure the problem will go away if they don't answer.
It will cost you a mininum of 15.00 plus postage to send it to them.
If you e-mail customer service, they may send you a axle with wheels for no charge. They have been known to do that.
Tom

brokemoto

skagitcom's complaint is the first like it that I have seen or heard about Bachpersonn's customer service/warranty repair-replacement.  Most of the comments that I have seen or heard about B-mann's c/s have been postive.  They have expressed pleasant surprise that when they sent in a
Standard or Plus line item (and the fifteen bananas) for service, they received a SPECTRUM in replacement at no additional charge.  It did not happen this way every time, but when a Standard Line came back in replacement of a Standard Line, the customer still had no complaint.

jerry20

Thanks, brokemoto, it's good to hear a positive response.  Does anyone know what the average turnaround time is for locomotives that are sent in for repairs?
                                         Jerry